A Strategy is Multi-Dimensional Planning, Multi-Team Collaboration, and Multi-Tasking Action.
An effective strategy is contextual, creative and cascading, it is also multi-dimensional. A successful strategy needs good communication transmission that will create the sense of ownership. Everybody needs to be involved, at a certain point and at a certain stage of the strategy execution. Here are five dimensions of strategy.
*Track and celebrate the early wins, as well as larger milestones
*Use wins for credibility to buy-in the holdouts
1) The strategic plan drives an organizational project portfolio mix.
2) The desired portfolio mix drives project selection criteria. This creates the linkage from strategy/vision to implementation.
3) Project performance measures (success criteria) for each project are defined in relationship to the business strategy.
4) Performance measures for project team members are linked to the project performance/success criteria.
5) This linkage creates more resource engagement as it should be clearer to people how their work impacts the organization.
*Identify and discuss crises, potential crises, or major opportunities
*Without strong motivation for achieving the goal, strategies will die on the whiteboard
*The stronger the sense of urgency, the easier it will be to gain buy-in for the strategies