Monday, September 8, 2014

Mid-Autumn Festival with the Super Harvest Moon

The Brilliance of Sunshine and the the Lucidity of Moonlight is the Perfect Balance of Yin & Yang.

It is the mid-autumn festival, with the Super Harvest Moon today. What’s the Harvest Moon? In traditional sky-lore, the Harvest Moon is the full moon closest to the autumnal equinox, and the night of September 8-9 will have a beautiful bright full-looking moon, as seen from around the globe. Harvest Moon is known for ushering in a procession of moonlit nights. As this year, 2014, the Harvest Moon is a bit bigger than usual, because it’s a supermoon as well. (Earthsky).  Indeed, watch over the sky, tonight’s moon is bigger, brighter and cooler. Here are a few insightful quotes and poems about the moon:

There is nothing you can see that is not a flower; there is nothing you can think that is not the moon ~Matsuo Basho

The moon of a bright silver, which dazzles by its shining; illumines a world which surely is no longer ours; for it resembles in nothing what may be seen in other lands.  – Piere Loti

The Sun, Moon and Stars are there to guide us.    -  Denis Banks

Ignorance is the night of the mind, a night without moon or star.   -Confucius

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.  -George Carlin

Thinking beyond everything, I raise myself; raise my head; just to see those; those hope in darkness; It’s moon in me.  -sandip Rantawa

“Before my bed,
There is bright –it –moonlight
So that it seems,
Like frost on the ground;
Lifting my head,
I watch the bright moon;
Lowing my head
I dream that "I am home”
-Bai lee






0 comments:

Post a Comment