Innovators find more viewing spots than the rest.
- Dis-satisfaction with status quo. To understand why you have to go against the status quo is then going to allow you to know if it is necessary to go on or not search (research). This intuition is doubled by the courage and "opportunities.” Impatient with the status quo and believing there is always a better way to do things. The next focus must be ideation which can be implemented and not just great wow ideas which one cannot implement.
- Innovators are at their very heart visionaries who also have the determination, dedication, motivation & passion. Innovation comes with a foresight to envision a need that others overlook or ignore and a willingness to forge ahead to satisfy visions, in spite of a risk of failure. To the innovator, failure is just another opportunity for success.
- Having a very active mind and a more fully operating brain. From curious to creative to critical, from analytical, assertive to adaptable, emphasis should be put new ways to improve surrounding and the world. For what can be called "implement-table innovation", the focus must be to ideate WITHIN existing resources. IDEAS within that are usually innovative because innovative ideas are following with systematic processes and solutions.
- There's no innovation without disobedience (French Proverb). The profile that is most common and necessary is the rare being with an innate curiosity to improve, at the risk of disobedience in a positive sense -it's about the desire to make something better and the willingness to try.
- Think differently (non-linear or different angle): Innovators whose work continues to move forward and, in turn, is profitable to self and others think differently than those who are traditional thinkers. They see the old problems from every direction and find different solutions.
- Being both a world changing dreamer with a critical mind. Being beyond the border thinker, but aware that micro-changes can also power big innovations. Being somewhere in the midst of border-less creativity and a revisited de/re-composition of existing ideas.
- A ridiculous amount of self-confidence. If you're not sure of yourself, you won't be able to convince others to follow your leadership and vision. They have persisted because they were convinced to be in the right direction. And many times you also have to be willing to fail a lot and be very persistent and thick-skinned
- The power of innovation may also come from the collective creativity. Have the good sense and charisma to attract or to surround yourself with the right people who can move the idea into action while you're moving the idea itself on - researchers, business planners, financiers.
- Have a global view (both synthetic and analytic) is most important for it brings the ability to extract only the best and combine things. Able to listen and understand... and to depict whether and how innovation can be favored in a specific environment...via empathy and global thinking.
- Innovators find more viewing spots than the rest. They find angles to wiggle through where most are unable to even envision a place where there is an angle. In short, innovators obviously think differently- problem solving is part of their DNA whether it is in invention, marketing, repurposing something already being there. Look at Super Glue or Sticky Notes, a prime example of a repurposed discovery.