In its size, class and weight, the seat of human
intelligence, the brain, is the most powerful, dangerous and promising entity in the universe. Human
brain with its hetero-potent effect on a social morphstat can trigger many
bigger ones, change the biosphere, bust the moon apart.
2. Is Left Brain Rational & Right Brain Colorful
- Do they Process Information differently? According to the left-brain, right-brain dominance theory, the right side of the brain is best at expressive and creative tasks. The left-side of the brain is considered to be adept at tasks that involve logic, language and analytical thinking. In general, the left and right hemispheres of our brain process information in different ways. The focus of the left brain is verbal, processing information in an analytical and sequential way, looking first at the pieces then putting them together to get the whole. Left brain thinking is verbal and analytical. Right brain is non-verbal and intuitive, using pictures rather than words.
- Is the Right Hemisphere more connected? Some research shows the left hemisphere doesn't have many connections to other parts of the brain as compared to the right hemisphere.The right hemisphere is the source of creativity, and it also has very far flung connections throughout the brain. And the innovative aha arises when original connections are made.
3. The Linearity of Logic vs. Non-Linear Thinking
- “Linear Thinking” is defined as a process of thought following known cycles or step-by-step progression where a response to a step must be elicited before another step is taken. If a = b, and b = c, then a = c. The application of linear thinking can be found in the well known Socratic Method: a form of inquiry and debate between individuals with opposing viewpoints based on asking and answering questions to stimulate rational thinking and to illuminate ideas
- Non-Linear Thinking: a relatively new term, is vague enough (perhaps naturally so) that a simple google search will yield more beatings-around-the-bushes than formal definitions for the phrase. Human thought characterized by expansion in multiple directions, rather than in one direction, are based on the concept that there are multiple starting points from which one can apply logic to problem. Non-linear thinking is less constrictive – letting the creative side of you run rampant because of its inherent lack of structure.
4. Analytics vs. the Synthesis perspective
To adapt to the over-complex, hyper-connected digital world, one needs to train self how to engage whole-brain, to think both creatively and critically, analytically and synthetically, to embrace 'Aha moment" for fresh ideas or identify 'trigger point" for decision making. Left-brain or Right-brain, whole-brainer is needed.