Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Shall We Reimagine a Boundaryless world

Inside every skyscraper, I hope we can see the quintessence of great culture theme; across the mother river, we can search for the treasure of fresh knowledge; on the top of bridges, we can mind the gaps, learn from each other, explore equal opportunities, and harmonize the difference.

On the third day of the lunar new year, I arrived in Shang Hai. It’s crowded as people from other provinces visit here during the holiday break. Most people should be impressed with the skyscrapers here, but I prefer to discover more cultural spots. So I went to the Shanghai Contemporary Art Museum; there was a cinema exhibition that day. 

We could see some English movies in the exhibition; most of them were documenting types, related to Cosmo. There were nice visual effects, but some content might have certain negative impacts. They seemed to try setting the liberal, paradoxical, or artistic tone, but I felt it was reluctant and confusing. I suggested adding more content related to profound thinking, and philosophical insight from our oriental ancestors, who conveyed Cosmo wisdom thousands of years ago. 

I got lost a couple of times inside the museum because there was not enough content in some sessions and there was no clear sign for the exit. I was frustrated. The staff in the museum were friendly and showed me the directions, but the management needed to be improved to optimize the customer experience.  

After that, I went to the digital art exhibition called "Boundless World." The light was beautiful, you could see different sorts of art patterns such as lightening plants, flowers, and animals, and walked through the world of digital art cheerfully. 

Overall, it was a good experience but there was also something that could be improved. For example, the first room the visitors stepped in was completely dark. it was a bit scary when you expected the brightness, but in reality, you were alone, immersed in darkness, while you had no clue what was going on there, perhaps you were with lots of other strangers in the same room. Is it safe? How to optimize the visitors' experience? Also, the light is beautiful, but the exhibition is not unique enough; it should create more creative content to highlight the subject - how to build a people-centric boundary-less world.

I also went to the history museum in Xintiandi. It had a history and culture exhibition about how the first congress meeting was held and how the new nation was built up. There were sculptures of a few founding fathers, but lack of female ancestors comprehensive introduction. It did not reflect the national principle - that males and females are equal. I was disappointed because I didn’t see a few female role models I admired since I was a child. I believe we need more diverse role models in different museums to inspire different generations, different genders, and races to make high achievements.

Shanghai is a modern city, but it’s still too local, can it become more open-minded, insightful, and coherent? Inside every skyscraper, I hope we can see the quintessence of great culture theme; across the mother river, we can search for the treasure of fresh knowledge; on the top of bridges, we can mind the gaps, learn from each other, explore equal opportunities, and harmonize the difference. 

I appreciate all the great efforts to build those educational museums, but how to make excellent content? Exhibition only is not enough, I hope we can brainstorm, generate fresher ideas, make good suggestions, and optimize customer experiences all the time. It takes a lot of effort to make Shang Hai a global city and shape a boundary-less world. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment