Knowledge is manpower, and wisdom is nature power; knowledge is the start of human intelligence, wisdom is the highest level of human intelligence.
- Knowledge can be defined as the capacity for learning, reasoning, understanding, and similar forms of mental activity; aptitude in grasping truths, relationships, facts, meanings, etc.
- Knowledge is an intangible resource which can be converted into tangible content and which can be utilized to produce measurable advances/progress in the business at hand.
- Knowledge is the application of information and experience. Data = series of symbols written on a “support medium” (paper, electronic, audio, video); Information = data with semantics assigned by a language (interpreted data); Knowledge = a meaning used within an action whose value is justified.
- Knowledge is consciousness form evolved as emergent property within complexity behaving as subject, alive and generated from DIKW (DIKW Hierarchy", the "Information Hierarchy, the "Knowledge Hierarchy", the "Wisdom Hierarchy" or the "Knowledge Pyramid") continuum as well as Nature continuum.
- Knowledge is information in use; knowledge is information that supports the decision-making process. Knowledge is an expression of understanding relating information and experience accumulated over time, about known facts and past events.
- Knowledge management is management with knowledge as a focus. So the knowledge is that which is stored, that can be applied by a user, to overcome a problem. Knowledge is information which has the potential to generate value. Knowledge Management involves the use of Technologies and Processes with the aim of optimizing the value that is generated.
- Knowledge is topical and subjective in nature. Action may be a facilitator to access knowledge, but the action is not always necessary to develop knowledge. Sometimes the knowledge already exists and one needs to do nothing but learn from it.
- Knowledge is a synthesis of information. Data can be defined as the bits and bytes of characters, or sensory inputs like sights, smells, sounds, ... Information can be defined as the output of a process that takes data and wraps logic around it. Knowledge can be defined as the outcomes associated with the evaluation and synthesizing the information...a refinement of information making it more precise more focused more intelligent by design.
- Wisdom can be defined as the outcomes of applying knowledge hundreds or thousands of time. Wisdom is a higher order of knowledge that amounts to the refinement of knowledge coupled with experience. Wisdom is the ability to select the right knowledge to use in a particular circumstance. This includes the option of using "old" knowledge in a new way.
The difference between knowledge and wisdom is thinking, and especially lateral, nonlinear or multi-dimensional thinking, a holistic view. Seeing the big picture into which the knowledge fits. Wisdom comes from knowledge, blend with reflection, transform into insight, abstract into wisdom; wisdom is the ultimate level of knowledge.