Innovation is the "Spirit" of Future of CIOs.
The blog is a dynamic book flowing with your thought; growing through your dedication; sharing your knowledge; conveying your wisdom, and making influence through touching the hearts and connecting the minds across the globe.
“Future of CIO” Blog has reached 1.3 million page views with the 2100th blog posting today. Among 50+ different categories of leadership, management, strategy, digitalization, change/talent, etc. blog posting, INNOVATION is a big highlight! Here is a set of featured “Future of CIO” categories to celebrate the spirit of innovation:
The Innovation Spirit of “Future of CIO”
- Innovation/ Creativity (250+ Blogs): In recent years, creativity has become a very highly valued skill. Creative people combine existing possibilities to reach more often unexpected solutions. Creativity is an essential building block for innovation in business. It is very important to recognize that innovation is an essential factor for a company’s long-term success. However, becoming a truly innovative company is difficult, due to the risks involved and management skills needed. Innovation is about moving forward. In any business, if you are not moving forward, you are moving backward.
- Dot Connecting/Chicken & Egg Debates (150+ Blogs): Creativity is all about connecting the dots. In this series of blogs listed in the category, we make comparisons of paradoxical concepts or initiate the chicken egg debates to bring the fresh viewpoint via in-depth understanding and dot connecting. The purpose of debating is to stimulate creative thoughts and enforce interdisciplinary discovery regarding many subjects such as leadership, talent management, strategy, and execution, etc.
- Digitalization/Digital Master Tuning (250+ Blogs): Digital Master - Debunk the Myths of Enterprise Digital Maturity was published on Jan. 2015, it is the book to envision the multidimensional impact that digital philosophy, technology, innovation, and methodology will have on the future of business and human society. It received overall great feedback in the IT community and beyond. After publishing, I also wrote more than 100+ blogs to continue advocating the best principles and the next practices to run a “Digital Master” - The organization that has rich digital insight , high-level innovative capability, and maturity, not only to initiate digital innovation, but also to drive enterprise - wide digital transformation.
- Mind Shifts (250+ Blogs): Thinking is the seed that molds and makes one's life. So, is it true that our thoughts shape our personalities and visa verse. As a matter of fact, the way we think has much of an effect and affect on how we turn out in our life (though many other things do as well). Some examples might be, who we surround ourselves with, how hard we try to do certain things, whether or not we're repetitive (pending on what the repetition is), choosing left instead of right (or vice versa), the communication styles, the career preferences, or the hobbies and entertainment choice, etc. To put simply, we are what we think of. When we change the mind, we change the world.
- Culture Master/Gaps/Global Perspectives (100+ blogs): Culture is invisible, but it’s one of the most powerful factors for business’s long-term prosperity; culture is soft, but it's one of the “toughest” ingredients in “digital transformation formula.” Creating a culture itself needs an internal strategy. There are many different perspectives of culture presented along with diverse ways and means of dealing with it. How can you identify culture gaps? What’re the global perspectives of culture? What's your culture readiness, how shall you assess culture? Is one of the goals of building a great culture about whether your culture can help people become who they are, to create synergy and accomplish the business purpose?
- Change Management (200+blogs): Innovation is the change. The goal for change is always to make improvement or innovations happen, and it's a progressive journey to keep business move forward. Change is inevitable, but more than two-thirds of change effort fail to achieve the expected results. The change shouldn't be treated as a singular occurrence when it is an ongoing, continued process and dynamic capability within the organization.
- Future of Leadership (250+Blogs): Leadership is first as an advanced mindset, then as an exemplary behavior. Leadership is about FUTURE! Leadership is about CHANGE. Leadership is about FOCUS. It is about providing direction, both for oneself and others. It is a basic human ability to inspire self and others to look beyond limitations and make continuous improvement. Leadership is the art of persuasion and the science of disciplines; it’s about the inspiration and motivation; innovation and progression. By choosing to lead, you must have a vision and intention for making that choice.
- Talent Management (200+ Blogs): People are the most invaluable asset in any organization anytime and anywhere. However, the traditional talent management treats people more as cost or resource, less as an asset or capital investment; performance management approaches more focus on measuring behaviors and quantitative results, with ignorance of qualitative assessment about character, mindsets, talent potential, multidimensional intelligence and culture effect. Talent competency is the digital lenses through which people managers ought to assess and manage talent in more strategic, analytical and creative way.
- Food for Thoughts (100+ Blogs): Life is like four seasons, there are ups and downs, good time and bad time. Do you have the self-awareness that has to do with “knowing yourself.” It means knowing how to identify our strengths, our weak areas, our own way of reacting to situations, our preferences (in what situations and in what I'm good or I do not feel at ease), our desires, needs, emotions. Knowing ourselves allows us to predict how successfully we tackle the various situations that life or work will put us in front, going to meet prepared, and thus able to choose situations, behaviors and attitudes based on their functional objectives.
Blogging is not about writing, but about thinking and innovating the new ideas; it’s not just about WHAT to say, but about WHY to say, and HOW to say it. It reflects the color and shade of your thought patterns, and it indicates the peaks and curves of your thinking waves. Unlike pure entertainment, quality and professional content takes time for digesting, contemplation and engaging, and therefore, it takes the time to attract the "hungry minds" and the "deep souls." It’s the journey to amplify diverse voices and deepen digital footprints, and it's the way to harness your innovative spirit.