The “Future of CIO” Blog has reached 1.3 million page views with 2700+ blog posting in 59+ different categories of leadership, management, strategy, digitalization, change/talent, etc. The content richness is not for its own sake, but to convey the vision and share the wisdom. Here is the weekly insight about digital leadership, IT Management, and Talent Management.
The Weekly Insight of the “Future of CIO” 4/15/2016
- “Digital Valley” Book Preview Chapter 1: Creative Wisdom, Presentation & Video: Creativity is an innate ability to create novel ideas. Creative Thinking is unique and original than many other types of thinking: some are the habit, repetition of memory, emotional reaction, approval seeking, following, social conformity. Creativity is about thinking beyond conventional wisdom, or the “Out of Box” thinking. Creativity is infused with an inner cohesion and comes from a vision of uniqueness. So is creativity a high level of thinking, and what is creative wisdom all about?
- “CIO Master” Book Tuning V: “5W + 1H” Strategy Navigation: The strategy is the pillar of organizational existence, its vision, mission, design, structure, and functions. A real strategy is neither a document nor a forecast, but rather an overall approach based on a diagnosis of a challenge. Being “strategic” is being centered around “Why” and “What,” and being backed by a roadmap and a plan of action that are informed with “Who,” “Where,” and “When.” The “tactics” is being more centered on the “HOW,” the individual steps and mechanics involved in the execution. More specifically, what is the “5W+1H” strategy navigation all about?
- Three Questions to Assess a Person’s “Blind Spot” The business and the world are moving into deep, deep digital dynamic with velocity, complexity, uncertainty, ambiguity and rapid changes. It is increasingly difficult to either steer the individual toward a progressive career path or navigate the business to the right direction with the right strategy. It also becomes more challenging to make effective decisions or sound judgment on the daily basis for both digital leaders and professionals. So how to assess a person’s “blind spot” in order to predict his/her ability to think thoroughly and decide wisely?
- The Monthly Change Management Agenda: Change as an Ongoing Capability Apr. 2016 Change is inevitable, but too often changes are made as a reaction to outer impulses, crisis, and demands. This is the bureaucracy’s way of meeting the challenges. The perspective is often rational, an automatic cultural response; defending already existing structures, all that we take for granted, without questioning the underlying premises. So in order to make change both proactive and sustainable, how to build change as ongoing business capabilities, not just a one-time business initiative?
- To Celebrate 2700th Blog Posting: The Multitude of Creative Leadership Digital is the age of innovation. Creativity matters more than ever because businesses and the world today become over-complex with accelerated changes. The more "creative leaders," we have, the better for the world. Creative leaders can inspire the culture of creativity and manage innovation seamlessly. By etymology, "innovare" signifies "to germinate seeds," knowing that, go ahead and innovate by inventing your future, and the one of your company’s. Creative leadership is the unique combination of leadership mindset and behaviors that are futuristic and forward thinking, develops and achieves high quality and meaningful results over a sustained period of time. Creative leadership can be described as "Adaptability meets Agility.” Creativity has many faces, and creative leadership is the multitude to manage innovation in an effective way.
Blogging is not about writing, but about thinking and innovating the new ideas; it’s not just about WHAT to say, but about WHY to say, and HOW to say it. It reflects the color and shade of your thought patterns, and it indicates the peaks and curves of your thinking waves. Unlike pure entertainment, quality and professional content takes time for digesting, contemplation and engaging, and therefore, it takes the time to attract the "hungry minds" and the "deep souls." It’s the journey to amplify diverse voices and deepen digital footprints, and it's the way to harness your innovative spirit.