The most critical and yet overlooked foundation to being a real leader is in choosing a destination that creates a better world!
The “Future of CIO” Blog has reached 1.1 million page views with about #2150th blog posting in 50+ different categories of leadership, management, strategy, digitalization, change/talent, etc. blog posting. The content richness is not for its own sake, but to convey the vision and share the wisdom. Here is the weekly insight of the “Future of CIO” blog.
The Weekly Insight of the “Future of CIO” Blog
- How to Define the Right People: “Hiring the right person to the right position at the right time,” is the mantra of many forward-thinking organizations. The question is how would you define the right people? The right mindset is utmost quality for being a right fit because the power of the mind is the force to change the business or even the world for better.
- The Quality of Experience: The better way to define experience is as “Lessons Learned.” Do you have X years experience or do you have ONE year experience X times? The pace of change is increasing, EXPERIENCE can no longer be measured quantitatively only, quality counts, dynamic counts, and learning agility counts - in mastering the full cycle of learning, de-learning and relearning. You just have to deepen the experience continually to capture the insight, or broaden your experiences to cultivate creativity or refine wisdom.
- Feedback - Constructive or Destructive: Nobody is perfect, we should always self-aware, accept feedback that is truthful and accurate, constructive with good intention. However, those who give negative feedback based on ignorance, misinformation, misjudgment, gossip, or even rumors, envy or revenge, earn the scorn and contempt. That being said, the QUALITY of feedback giver is crucial to the quality of feedback being given, the QUALITY is about the person’s reputation, cognition, character, integrity, insight, and intention., etc.
- The Systems Thinking Principles: Without the right set of System principles, the white can be taken as black, the round can be perceived as square, and the good can be translated into evil. It is utterly important that a basic understanding of what an integrative system is about. Are we here to play at a game of "Systems Thinking" with outdated and limited definitions and rules set several decades ago, or to apply the best understanding of how the system works to fix the great problems we face as systematically as we can? Systems Thinking Principles are the set of abstract and more “timeless” guidelines helping frame the questions in problem diagnosing and solving.
- The Sum Up of the “Future of CIO” Slideshare: The “Future of CIO” Blog has reached 1.1 million page views with #2150+ blog posting. Among 50+ different categories of leadership, management, strategy, digitalization, change/talent, etc. blog posting, Here are the NINE COREs of the “Future of CIO”!
Blogging is not about writing, but about thinking and innovating the new ideas; it’s not just about WHAT to say, but about WHY to say, and HOW to say it. It reflects the color and shade of your thought patterns, and it indicates the peaks and curves of your thinking waves. Unlike pure entertainment, quality and professional content takes time for digesting, contemplation and engaging, and therefore, it takes time to attract the "hungry minds" and the "deep souls." It’s the journey to amplify diverse voices and deepen digital footprints, and it's the way to harness your innovative spirit.