The most critical and yet overlooked foundation to being a real leader is in choosing a destination that creates a better world!
The Weekly Insight of the “Future of CIO” Blog 9/25/2015
- What Drives you to be a Change Leader: Change - big or small is inevitable. You can’t step into the same river twice, meaning that everything is always in a state of flow. A change leader/agent is a problem-solver, enjoy understanding the complexity and guide people through it; finding common ground and initiative dialogues. Turn around the tough situations.
- Three Questions to Assess a Person's Ability to think strategically: There is no doubt that strategy becomes more important, not less in organizations large or small today, because of the fierce competition, rapid changes, and hyper uncertainty. Digital professionals have to continuously set up standards of competence and having capabilities to think strategically, but is there such one question to ask to determine a person’s ability to think strategically?
- Vision vs. Strategy:Vision is where or who you want to be and Strategy is how you can achieve or reach your goal. An unclear vision leads to defective strategy. Visions inspire; strategies compel; vision comes first, but sometimes vision appears and gets clear by working on the strategy.
- What’s your Organizational DNA and Personality: Organizational culture is the collective mindset, attitudes, and the set of behaviors, expectations, and assumptions that people have for "how things are around here." Further, it is like an iceberg where the visible elements, such as behaviors, make much sense without recognizing and understanding the underlying mindsets, expectations, and assumptions.
- How to communicate effectively in today’s digital dynamic? The speed of change is significantly increasing. Decentralization, globalization, and diversified workforces can all be practical reasons for communicating barriers. How do you communicate a common message across the globe with empathy, and, in particular, make sure the message you want to communicate resonates effectively?
Blogging is not about writing, but about thinking and innovating the new ideas; it’s not just about WHAT to say, but about WHY to say, and HOW to say it. It reflects the color and shade of your thought patterns, and it indicates the peaks and curves of your thinking waves. Unlike pure entertainment, quality and professional content takes time for digesting, contemplation and engaging, and therefore, it takes time to attract the "hungry minds" and the "deep souls." It’s the journey to amplify diverse voices and deepen digital footprints, and it's the way to harness your innovative spirit.