The “Future of CIO” Blog has reached 1.2 million+ page views with about 2300+ blog posting in 59+ different categories of leadership, management, strategy, digitalization, change/talent, etc. The content richness is not for its own sake, but to convey the vision and share the wisdom.
Most of IT organizations measure IT via system performance, IT project on budget and on time, or IT department cost commitment, but the most debatable IT measurement discussion is how to measure the VALUE IT delivers to the business, or put simply, customer satisfaction, do IT measure the right things to present to the right audience?
IT Performance Measurement
- How to Set “SMART” Goals Smartly? S.M.A.R.T (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, and Timely) goals play an important role in modern management discipline, what’s the pros and cons of setting & measuring S.M.A.R.T goals, and how to manage it effectively?
- How to Measure IT VALUE Effectively? VALUE, is not something that can easily be measured and is very subjective. Remember that IT is there to deliver the programs that the business wants and states that it needs.
- How to Measure KPIs in Agile? Agile is not about free thinking or doing without structure, Agile is the complementary methodology of Waterfall, add the flexibility on the rigidity; accelerate the speed of the hierarchy; create cascade from the steep slope, etc. Agile does not take less discipline, but needs more engineering and management discipline, thus, how to measure KPIs in Agile is also critical in Agile project success
- What’s the Most Important Process Metrics for C-Suite? Organizations large or small are climbing their maturity ladder, from efficiency, to effectiveness, and then getting the optimal level of agility. Therefore, as the C-suite turns their attention to business processes and starts measuring what matters, what matters most with business processes though?
- The Promise and Peril of Metrics: We can only manage what we measure. Metrics provides feedback. Metrics is part of transparent visual management allowing pulling. There are many great things about metrics. However, there are people extremely obsessed by metrics who end up creating a huge and sophisticated set of meaningless metrics and that some managers may put a lot of energy on getting better indicators, just because they want beautiful numbers to report and not because they're genuinely interested in helping their teams to improve. So what’s the pros and cons, the promise and peril of metrics?
Blogging is not about writing, but about thinking; it’s not just about WHAT to say, but about WHY to say, and HOW to say it. It reflects the color and shade of your thought patterns, and it indicates the peaks and curves of your thinking waves. Unlike pure entertainment, quality and professional content takes time for digesting, contemplation and engaging, and therefore, it takes the time to attract the "hungry minds" and the "deep souls." It’s the journey to amplify your voice, deepen your digital footprints, and match your way for human progression.