The “Future of CIO” Blog has reached 1.2 million page views with 2300+ blog posting in 59+ different categories of leadership, management, strategy, digitalization, change/talent, etc. The content richness is not for its own sake, but to convey the vision and share the wisdom. Here is the weekly insight of the “Future of CIO” blog in the first week of 2016 - to celebrate the New Year.
The Weekly Insight of the “Future of CIO” Blog 1/8/2016
- CIO’s Digital Agenda XXVI: Go Digital, Like a Pro? It’s the beginning of the New Year, also the dawn of digital age; and it’s the time for companies to step in and catch up, proactively and effectively build core digital capabilities based on digital cognizance to adapt to digital normality, gain unique competitive advantage and execute with speed. Go digital, like a pro!
- Culture vs. Strategy: Which Comes First? The strategy is like the business roadmap to leverage the company's resources and achieve its vision; and culture is the collective mindset, attitude, and behaviors of the group of people and it's about how people think and do things here. Many of us like Drucker's witty quote, “Culture eats strategy for breakfast.” A strong culture can lift up a mediocre strategy, but a weak or negative culture will screw a superior strategy. So culture vs. strategy: which comes first? And what are the interwoven relationship between them?
- Five Innovation Dilemmas in Running a Digital Organization, Generally speaking, innovation is how to transform the novel idea to achieve its business value. Innovation at the digital age is coming at seemly a much faster pace, more change, and more potential disruption, with broader scope, scale, and impact on the business’s surviving and thriving. Therefore, it's more challenging to manage innovation successfully, innovation leaders and managers have to deal with the following dilemmas to achieve a long-term business result. because innovation is the “must have” strategic capability of their business. But how can CIOs deal with these innovation Dilemmas?
- Digital Master New Year Tuning Chap 7: Information, Knowledge, and Insight Management: We live in the world with the explosive data and the abundance of information. Every day, more than 2.5 quintillion bytes of data are created through a range of activities. And the average business expects to spend $8 million on data-related initiatives in recent years. So how to manage data, information, knowledge, and mind flow, to build a high-intelligent and high-effective organization - The real Digital Master?
- Is Creativity an Addiction or a Phenomenon? Creativity is an innate ability to create novel ideas. Creativity has many dimensions, with multi-faceted truth and myth, and manifold knowledge. Creativity is infused with an inner cohesion and comes from a vision of uniqueness. So can creativity be taught, is creativity nature or nurtured? And is creativity an addiction or a phenomenon?
Blogging is not about writing, but about thinking and innovating the new ideas; it’s not just about WHAT to say, but about WHY to say, and HOW to say it. It reflects the color and shade of your thought patterns, and it indicates the peaks and curves of your thinking waves. Unlike pure entertainment, quality and professional content takes time for digesting, contemplation and engaging, and therefore, it takes the time to attract the "hungry minds" and the "deep souls." It’s the journey to amplify diverse voices and deepen digital footprints, and it's the way to harness your innovative spirit.