Complexity can either Stimulate or Stifle Innovation.
The “Future of CIO” Blog has reached 1.2 million page views with about 2300+ blog posting in 59+ different categories of leadership, management, strategy, digitalization, change/talent, etc. The content richness is not for its own sake, but to convey the vision and share the wisdom.
Business is complex, nature is complex, and human is complex, there are beauty and harmony in it, also it is dynamic, diverse and distinct. So the purpose of managing complexity is not to, actually is impossible to eliminate it at all, but on how to create synergy and build delight on it.
- Do you have 'Complexity Mindset'? Besides change, complexity is the other characteristics facing in business today, what might be the impacts complexity could have on businesses today and how to deal with it strategically?
- How to Simplify a Complex Organization- How to manage business complexity becomes one of the top agendas for today’s corporate management, though complexity does not always mean the bad thing, design complexity or collaboration complexity are the key digital factors in business competency. Still, simplicity is the ultimate level of complexity, to make things simple, but not simpler. But what are the challenges to simplify a complex organization?
- “VUCA” as Digital Normality: "VUCA" is an acronym used to describe or reflect on volatility, uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity of general conditions and situation. (Wikipedia), perhaps it’s the best description of today’s digital characteristics -"VUCA” as Digital Normality.
- CIO's Agile Practices in Managing IT Complexity Businesses become over-complex and hyper-connected today, agility is the ability of an organization to sense opportunity or threat, prioritize its potential responses, and act efficiently and effectively. More specifically, what does Agile mean for IT and business, how does CIO leverage agile in managing IT complexity?
- How to Manage Innovation Complexity? Innovation is how to transform novel ideas to achieve its business value, due to the hyper-complexity of modern business, innovation is essentially about reducing the unnecessary business complexity. But from a management perspective, how to manage innovation complexity, though?
- The Paradox of Complexity: Modern organizations spend significant time and resources to deal with complexity, is complexity good or bad; the complex organizational structure/process or the hyper-complex business ecosystem, which factors contribute the most to making organizations more complex? And philosophically, what is the paradox of complexity?
Blogging is not about writing, but about thinking; it’s not just about WHAT to say, but about WHY to say, and HOW to say it. It reflects the color and shade of your thought patterns, and it indicates the peaks and curves of your thinking waves. Unlike pure entertainment, quality and professional content takes time for digesting, contemplation and engaging, and therefore, it takes time to attract the "hungry minds" and the "deep souls." It’s the journey to amplify your voice, deepen your digital footprints, and match your way for human progression.