"Which comes first, chicken or egg?" It is a classic debate which challenges the generations of scientists
The “Future of CIO” Blog has reached 1.2 million page views with about 2300+ blog posting in 59+ different categories of leadership, management, strategy, digitalization, change/talent, etc. The content richness is not for its own sake, but to convey the vision and share the wisdom.
"Which comes first, chicken or egg?" It is a classic debate which challenges the generations of scientists. There are also set of “chicken or egg” dilemma facing every CIO, it is not easy to figure out, because you have to leverage variable factors in making effective decisions strategically and operationally, to capture both short term gain and long term win, and contribute to the business’s bottom line and top line growth.
How to Solve Chicken Egg Puzzles
- Strategy or Execution: Which Is More Important? The problem is that things are changing so fast these days, so what is the point of executing a poor strategy, and similarly why waste valuable resources and time forming a strategy that is never implemented. So here comes the classic chicken and egg debate in strategic planning arena. Strategy or execution: which one is more important?
- Innovation Debate: An Ounce of Practice is better than a Ton of Theory? Innovation is the most critical type of activities to push the human world forward, and innovation is always a hot topic when searching innovation, it comes out more than 100 million relevant results. However, the majority of innovation efforts fail to reach expectation. Here is an interesting debate: Do you agree, that an ounce of practice is better than the tons of theory when comes to the innovation?
- Employee Satisfaction or Customer Satisfaction : What's more Important? The purpose of business is to create a customer, but the brand of business is to satisfy customer, employee and shareholders, here is another Chicken-Egg Debate: Employee Satisfaction (ES) or Customer Satisfaction (CS): what’s more important?
- Process vs. Data: Which Comes First? Data is like the life blood of business, processes are like body functions, made up of steps that convert inputs to outputs. process management is to manage known from the flow. Process vs. Data, which one should come first?
- Poor Leadership, Poor Followership: Which Comes First? There are numerous leadership debates to explore the leadership fundamentals: Are leaders suppose to be good people or bad people? Poor leadership or poor followership: which comes first? What are the characteristics of poor leaders -poor character, low EQ, tremendous egos, bad
Blogging is not about writing, but about thinking; it’s not just about WHAT to say, but about WHY to say, and HOW to say it. It reflects the color and shade of your thought patterns, and it indicates the peaks and curves of your thinking waves. Unlike pure entertainment, quality and professional content takes time for digesting, contemplation and engaging, and therefore, it takes time to attract the "hungry minds" and the "deep souls." It’s the journey to amplify your voice, deepen your digital footprints, and match your way for human progression.