Either best practices or next practices, the goal is to learn from the past, but not to stifle innovation.
The “Future of CIO” Blog has reached 1.3 million page views with about 2700+ blog posting in 59+ different categories of leadership, management, strategy, digitalization, change/talent, etc. The content richness is not for its own sake, but to convey the vision and share the wisdom. Digital transformation is a thorny journey, with complexity, uncertainty, trials, and pitfalls on the way, so how do you develop the best and next practices to drive digital transformation more effortlessly?
The Best Practices to Run Digital IT
- Three Principles Modern IT Needs to Practice- Information is like blood, and technology is like a backbone for any modern business today. However, most of IT organization has a reputation as a cost center than a value creator, a controller than an enabler, a tool than a magic. With the new wave of the latest technology trends such as cloud, mobile, consumerization and social, the contemporary IT leaders need to refresh the innovative mindset, embrace the lightweight technology, practice the following three principles, run IT with simplicity technically, culturally and politically, in order to become the strategic business partners and reach high-level of IT maturity.
- Five Aspects of Center of Excellence - A center of excellence refers to a team, a shared facility or an entity that provides leadership, evangelization, best practices, research, support or training for a focus area.Like any other business practices, the CoE solution needs to come from both sides of the aisles -IT and business, though. While IT needs to think more about business value and strategic vision, the business also needs to accept IT as a source for such value instead of a cost/service center.
- CIO's Agile Practices in Managing IT Complexity Businesses become over-complex and hyper-connected today, agility is the ability of an organization to sense opportunity or threat, prioritize its potential responses, and act efficiently and effectively. More specifically, what does Agile mean for IT and business, how does CIO leverage agile in managing IT complexity?
- How to Overcome Corporate Silo Mentality? We have transitioned from an industrial to knowledge, innovation, and hyperconnectivity economy - with this shift has come to a change in organizational forms away from the traditional rigid hierarchies managed through command and control to more fluid and responsive network forms. Yet many business managers still apply old silo management mindsets to new ways of organizing and this legacy of the old economy limits many 'networked' organizations. Are silos a mere product of organizational design? Or is their nature tied to a deeper level: the humankind's nature? Despite the mountain of evidence pointing the detrimental effects of these silos, they still seem to be quite common in organizations. The question is: why?
- Seven Dashboard Best Practices-Actionable data enables better decision making. Dashboard mediums continue to grow in scope, which is great on one hand, but, will dashboards outlive their usefulness? Here are some Dashboard best practices.
Blogging is not about writing, but about thinking; it’s not just about WHAT to say, but about WHY to say, and HOW to say it. It reflects the color and shade of your thought patterns, and it indicates the peaks and curves of your thinking waves. Unlike pure entertainment, quality and professional content takes time for digesting, contemplation and engaging, and therefore, it takes the time to attract the "hungry minds" and the "deep souls." It’s the journey to amplify your voice, deepen your digital footprints, and match your way for human progression.