The “Future of CIO” Blog has reached 1.2 million page views with 2300+ blog posting in 59+ different categories of leadership, management, strategy, digitalization, change/talent, etc. The content richness is not for its own sake, but to convey the vision and share the wisdom. Here is the weekly insight of the “Future of CIO” blog - to celebrate the holiday season.
The Weekly Insight of the “Future of CIO” Blog 12/19/2015
- Running IT in a Continuous Delivery Mode: Many IT organizations are on the way for radical digital transformation, to change their reputation from a cost center to a value creator; from a back-office support function to a relentless innovation engine; from the process "glue" to the capability builder, and from a reactive mode to a proactive and continuous delivery mode.
- Three Digital Mentalities to Bridge the Digital Gaps. Digital is the age of explosive information, hyperconnectivity, fierce competition, although the physical obstacles can not separate people from communication, but still, there are walls at people’s heart and gaps in their minds. We identified "Three Mentalities which Enlarge the Digital Gaps" in the previous posting, here we also discuss three mentalities to bridge digital gaps.
- Digital CIO’s Agenda XV: Change Management Fine Tuning: Change is inevitable, organizational change has become a common practice within an organization, but how to fine tune the Change Management, and overcome the obstacles to managing a smooth digital transformation?
- The Paradox of Complexity: People are complex, business is complex, and the world is complex, and they are becoming more complex due to the explosive information and the accelerated speed of changes. Modern organizations spend significant time and resources to deal with complexity, is complexity good or bad; the complex organizational structure/process or the hyper-complex business ecosystem, which factors contribute the most to making organizations more complex? And philosophically, what is the paradox of complexity?
- Monthly Innovation Brief - Connecting the Dots of Innovation Dec.: Innovation is the light every organization is pursuing. Innovation takes the cycle of observing-questioning-connecting-networking-experimenting. From the management perspective, innovation is how to transform novel ideas to achieve its business value, due to the hyper-complexity of modern business, innovation is essentially about reducing the unnecessary business complexity to tackle the complexities of business dynamic. Here is a set of dot-connection of innovation management.
Blogging is not about writing, but about thinking and innovating the new ideas; it’s not just about WHAT to say, but about WHY to say, and HOW to say it. It reflects the color and shade of your thought patterns, and it indicates the peaks and curves of your thinking waves. Unlike pure entertainment, quality and professional content takes time for digesting, contemplation and engaging, and therefore, it takes the time to attract the "hungry minds" and the "deep souls." It’s the journey to amplify diverse voices and deepen digital footprints, and it's the way to harness your innovative spirit.