People are always the most invaluable asset, but often the weakest link in businesses. “Hiring the right person for the right position at the right time,” is the mantra of many forward-thinking organizations. The question is how would you define the right people? How do you define wrong, average, mediocre, good, great or extraordinary person? Or put simply, for what should they be right? How do you run a digital ready talent management?
Running a Digital Ready Talent Management (III)
- How to Empower Change Agents? Change is at the heart of the modern organization and in the mind of forward-thinking business leaders, however, more than two-thirds of change initiatives fail to achieve the expected result. Besides applying the latest technology tools and optimizing business processes, first things first, how to recognize your change agents and how to empower them to make "impossible possible"?
- How to Build a Creative Workplace In recent years, creativity has become a very highly valued skill. Creative people combine existing possibilities to reach more often unexpected solutions. Creativity is an essential building block for innovation in business. Everyone possesses a certain level of creativity; some just have more than others. How does creativity manifest itself in the workplace? What's the best work environment for creativity? What products (tangible or otherwise) are creative? Where that creativity arises from. And what acts, behaviors etc. may be examples of the organizational creative process? What risks are associated with creativity not being manifested in the workplace? How might you see a creativity employee?
- Three PoVs of Talent Competency The word competencies, and thus true meaning of its use, comes from competent which means being capable of doing something. The knowledge life cycle is significantly shortened due to the increasing speed of changes, and a huge skill gap in the workforce needs to be filled due to the continuously updated technology and regulation, digitalization and globalization, etc. The forward-looking organizations are now looking for people that have the right minds, characters, attitudes, traits, or can demonstrate the ability to do the work more innovatively, not just based on the previous experience, but through recombinant capability and integral talent competency.?
- How to Innovate Talent Management Digital is the age of people. Hence, HR has to transform from an administrative supporting function to a strategic business partner. More and more very large organizations are moving “business” people into senior HR roles, particularly within talent management. Looked at positively, this reflects the increasing strategic importance of talent management and how some HR processes are being transformed into digitized business processes which underpin innovation capability of the organization?
- How to Get Performance Management "Unstuck"? In the hugely inter-connected and volatile digital world today, Performance Management is a complex management discipline out there with so many variables that determine performance - including inter-dependencies within teams or organizations, quantity vs. quality; performance vs. potential, etc. Performance is also very much visible in spaces that are outside the corporate world because digital footprint becomes part of “WHO WE ARE!” All of them have one common thread - a group dialoguing and performing together where each individual contributes and counts. So is traditional Performance Management out-of-date, and how to get Performance Management unstuck??
The “Future of CIO” Blog has reached 1.5 million page views with about #3000th blog posting in 59+ different categories of leadership, management, strategy, digitalization, change/talent, etc. The content richness is not for its own sake, but to convey the vision and share the wisdom. Blogging is not about writing, but about thinking and innovating the new ideas; it’s not just about WHAT to say, but about WHY to say, and HOW to say it. It reflects the color and shade of your thought patterns, and it indicates the peaks and curves of your thinking waves. Unlike pure entertainment, quality and professional content takes time for digesting, contemplation and engaging, and therefore, it takes time to attract the "hungry minds" and the "deep souls." It’s the journey to amplify diverse voices and deepen digital footprints, and it's the way to harness your innovative spirit.