Blogging is not about writing series, but about thinking continuum.
The “Future of CIO” Blog has reached 1.5 million page views with 3000+ blog posting in 59+ different categories of leadership, management, strategy, digitalization, change/talent, etc. The content richness is not for its own sake, but to convey the vision and share the wisdom. Here is the weekly insight about digital leadership, IT Management, and Talent Management.
The Weekly Insight of the “Future of CIO” 8/12/2016
- Three Dimensions of IT Digital Transformation IT plays a more significant role in the digital transformation of organizations, It has to accelerate its speed and amplify its impact from a silo function to an integral strategic partner, from a support desk to an innovation engine, and from an order taker to a strategy co-maker. Unfortunately, more than two-thirds of changes and business transformations fail to achieve expectations. Running IT as a change organization, how can CIOs drive such a multidimensional digital transformation effortlessly?
- A Dynamic Board with Digital Fit BoDs As always, the spirit comes from the top, leadership is a key success factor for any organization's success. With many organizations and the society as a whole reaching the inflection point of digital transformation, modern corporate boards as a top governance body play a crucial role in setting business culture tones and driving organizations’ digital transformation. Due to the complexity, uncertainty, ambiguity and volatility of digital age, the directorship in any organization must have the ability to guide, inspire and motivate a group of people toward accomplishing shared visions and goal. But how to identify the digital fit BoDs and how to build a dynamic board to adapt to the rapid changes?
- To Celebrate the 3000th Blog Posting of “Future of CIO” with 1.5 Million Worldwide Views: Blogging is to pursue the digital communication way for envisioning, brainstorming, sharing, debating, and making a continuous delivery for practicing thought leadership and spurring innovation. It’s not just about writing, but about thinking. The content richness is not for its own sake, but to convey the vision and share the wisdom. Here comes the 3000th blog posting of the "Future of CIO." if writing a book is 1% of inspiration plus 99% of perspiration, and then creating & producing blogs takes 5% (inspiration + creativity) plus 95% of (dedication + perseverance).
- Apply Discipline to Innovation: Innovation is how to transform novel ideas to achieve their business values. Innovations in the digital era are coming at seemingly much fast space, with changes and potential disruptions, and therefore, innovation management also becomes more complex and dynamic. However, Innovation management has overall very low success rate. Is innovation serendipitous? How to apply discipline to innovation for improving its success rate?
- The Cause and Effect of Poor Leadership: Leadership debate is never ending. the leadership impact for the business is just like the light on the road when you drive in the dark. What’s the cause and effect of poor leadership? What’s the biggest negative or most serious impact on employees when leadership is poor?