Digital capability is synthetic in nature, and focusing on long-term competency.
2. Digital capabilities cut across all functional pillars. They are fundamental building blocks for business transformation.
3. Strategy execution takes both capabilities and disciplines. Innovation is about reducing the unnecessary complexity.
4. Complexity is not just a phenomenon, it can be perceived as a property of a system.
5. The business capability is at a higher level than business process, and it is in the conceptual layer.
6. The core business capabilities are an integrated set of capabilities contribute directly to the competitive advantage of the business.
7. Business capability mapping is about measures of “importance,” “maturity,” and “performance” attached to each capability.