The most critical and yet overlooked foundation to being a real leader is in choosing a destination that creates a better world!
The “Future of CIO” Blog has reached 1.1 million page views with about #2200th blog posting in 50+ different categories of leadership, management, strategy, digitalization, change/talent, etc. blog posting. The content richness is not for its own sake, but to convey the vision and share the wisdom. Here is the weekly insight of the “Future of CIO” blog.
The Weekly Insight of the “Future of CIO” Blog 10/3/2015
- The Continuous Performance Management: Performance Management is an important process which underpins organization’s collective human capability to achieve high performance. However, in most organizations, the term "Performance Management" has a negative connotation because it tends to label processes that the business sees as, at a minimum, administratively burdensome and at worst simply dreads.
- How to Leverage Systems Thinking in Cause Effective Analysis: To understand Cause-Effect is to dig through and understand systems. Cause-Effect Analysis entails a) Effect on context, b) Intended vs. Actual, and c) Source of Effect. The purpose of Systems Thinking is to frame-solve problems and creating desirable futures.
- Three Questions to Assess a Person’s Character: People are always the most invaluable asset in the organization. The question is how would you define the right people? How do you define wrong, average, mediocre, good, great or extraordinary person? One of the key differentiators is CHARACTER which is kind of things that education can’t help a lot.
- What’re the Next Practices for the Board Success Plan: Generally speaking, Boards have a couple of main functions such as strategy oversight, governance practices, providing advice to executives, and resource provision, etc. The spirit comes from the top, the board also plays the significant role in setting culture tones and encouraging innovation.
- Three Things Great Leaders Fight For: Leadership is all about change, and leadership is all about future! Natural leaders are those who carry themselves with an air of confidence, vision, direction, and with the right dose of anger and empathy to fight for the better world.
Blogging is not about writing, but about thinking and innovating the new ideas; it’s not just about WHAT to say, but about WHY to say, and HOW to say it. It reflects the color and shade of your thought patterns, and it indicates the peaks and curves of your thinking waves. Unlike pure entertainment, quality and professional content takes time for digesting, contemplation and engaging, and therefore, it takes time to attract the "hungry minds" and the "deep souls." It’s the journey to amplify diverse voices and deepen digital footprints, and it's the way to harness your innovative spirit.