The “Future of CIO” Blog has reached 1.1 million page views with 2300+ blog posting in 59+ different categories of leadership, management, strategy, digitalization, change/talent management, etc. The content richness is not for its own sake, but to convey the vision and share the wisdom. Here is the weekly insight of the “Future of CIO” blog.
The Weekly Insight of the “Future of CIO” Blog 11/19/2015
- The Characteristics to Build Great Leadership: Leadership is about future, future implicates changes and innovation. Leadership is Influence. The leader’s influence is based on the courage to inspire, confidence to assert, wisdom to negotiate, and uniqueness to bridge. More specifically, what are the important characteristics to build great leadership?
- Innovation Governance Innovation is about managing novel ideas to achieve its business values. Governance is to steer, oversight, and monitor business management. Innovation and governance seem to be the opposite practice. Do individuals believe governance is essential to effective business innovation and that the two are interdependent? Or do individuals believe governance is incompatible with or even stifle innovation and leads ultimately to company failure? Innovation governance, how to get it right?
- Three Questions to Assess a Person’s Profundity: At today’s “VUCA” digital dynamic, businesses become over-complex and hyper-competitive, the leadership bar has been raised, and employee professionalism is part of your business brand. So it is crucial to encourage deep thinking and it's also strategic imperative to bring wisdom in the workplace. The maturity of both individuals and an organization as a whole depends on how thoughtful they are - to make effective decisions or sound judgment; and how deep they can go - to gain the insight or cure the root cause of complex problems. Indeed, profundity is one of the crucial traits to differentiate average, mediocre, good, great or extraordinary person. But how to assess a person’s profundity via questioning?
- Three Aspects of Business Transformation: Transformation is a leapfrogging change when the final result is not fully defined at the beginning of it and with the expectation to reach the next level of progression. The most difficult topic during transformation is managing uncertainty especially when you change many things: processes, culture, systems and organization at the whole in the same time. It is a complicated moment for all people in the organization at all levels and at the same time, the business has to operate as usual. If you do not get the organization trained and prepared before, the transformation probability of success decreases fast.
- The CIOs’ Digital Agenda: How to Run a High-Effective IT: Majority of IT organizations today are still running at industrial speed, stick at the low or mid level of maturity, although technology is more often than not, the disruptive force for business and industry innovation, IT organizations seem to have a tendency to align with the slow changing parts of the organization and acts as a custodian of technology systems, so how should CIOs prepare for the digital disruption and speed up accordingly?
Blogging is not about writing, but about thinking and innovating the new ideas; it’s not just about WHAT to say, but about WHY to say, and HOW to say it. It reflects the color and shade of your thought patterns, and it indicates the peaks and curves of your thinking waves. Unlike pure entertainment, quality and professional content takes time for digesting, contemplation and engaging, and therefore, it takes the time to attract the "hungry minds" and the "deep souls." It’s the journey to amplify diverse voices and deepen digital footprints, and it's the way to harness your innovative spirit.