The “Future of CIO” Blog has reached 1.3 million page views with 2700+ blog posting in 59+ different categories of leadership, management, strategy, digitalization, change/talent, etc. The content richness is not for its own sake, but to convey the vision and share the wisdom. Here is the weekly insight about digital leadership, IT Management, and Talent Management.
The Weekly Insight of the “Future of CIO” 5/5/2016
- Three Aspects of Practicing Intrapreneurship in the Enterprise : If entrepreneurship is to look for changes, deploy it as an opportunity, then, intrapreneurship is about creating new venture from within an established organizations to leverage the startup culture for catalyzing changes and improving IT agility. But more specifically, how to practice intrapreneurship to innovate business and accelerate digital transformation?
- Three Qualities of Change Leaders Fundamentally leadership is about change and influencing people to change. Leadership is moving you and others, and evolving to what is needed next. The speed of change is accelerating, Change Leadership becomes a more critical capacity to influence others through inspiration, motivated by a passion, birthed by a conviction of a sense of purpose of why you were created. Leadership is all about the ability to take initiative and the ability to influence with or without authority. It is the power of example that frees people to do willingly and well that needs to be done. What are important qualities in change leadership?
- Three Core Competencies in Global Mindset The business world has become hyperconnected and interdependent. Global leaders of the future sense, feel, read, imagine and intuit possibilities in the journey of digital transformation. Global leaders articulate strategic visions, interactive designs, and navigating directions where networks of management informally communicate the possibility of generative behavior changes in structure, patterns, and processes. With unprecedented digital technology advances, the knowledge brainstorming is happening in real time with people and plays spontaneous networks of human and business operational concerns. Organizations not only need good managers to take care of today’s business; but also have to grow the world class leaders with a global mindset to leapfrog their companies for long-term prosperity. What are the core competencies in global mindset?
- Three Questions to Assess a Person’s Systems Thinking Wisdom System Intelligence (SI) and System Thinking (ST) are well be considered emergent properties of the complex adaptive system we call the human mind. Systems Thinking seeks to observe a system such as the organizations from outside. It encourages the observer to see himself or herself as part of the system, to put it simply, Systems Thinking is to understand the relationship between the parts and the whole, it is an outside-in perspective of interconnectivity and interdependence within a system or even cross systems. Digital organization today is a hyperconnected and interdependent system, thus, ST becomes a more critical thought process to make effective decisions and solve complex business problems. It is still an only small percentage of the population who are equipped with a “Systems Mind” to applying Systems Intelligence for problems solving or decision making, is it possible for 'anyone' to "think systems"? Which questions should you ask to assess a person’s Systems Thinking ability?
- Running a Balanced IT Portfolio: To reinvent IT management and maximize IT value, IT needs to become the strategic partner of the business, and it’s important to map and translate business strategy into technology projects, fundamentally every IT project should be business initiatives. Because IT is a key enabler of business capabilities underpinned by IT-glued business processes. Therefore, in order to implement strategy successfully, it is important to manage a balanced IT project portfolio to achieve business efficiency, effectiveness, and agility.
Blogging is not about writing, but about thinking and innovating the new ideas; it’s not just about WHAT to say, but about WHY to say, and HOW to say it. It reflects the color and shade of your thought patterns, and it indicates the peaks and curves of your thinking waves. Unlike pure entertainment, quality and professional content takes time for digesting, contemplation and engaging, and therefore, it takes the time to attract the "hungry minds" and the "deep souls." It’s the journey to amplify diverse voices and deepen digital footprints, and it's the way to harness your innovative spirit.