Blogging is not about writing, but about thinking, brainstorming, innovating, and leadership practicing.
The “Future of CIO” Blog has reached 1.6 million pageviews with 3300+ blog posting in 59+ different categories of leadership, management, strategy, digitalization, change/talent, etc. The content richness is not for its own sake, but to convey the vision and share the wisdom. Here is the weekly insight about digital leadership, IT Management, and Talent Management.
The Weekly Insight of the “Future of CIO” 1/13/2017
- Well-Prepare the "Digital Storms" to Accelerate Business Transformation: Digital storms are like the nature rainstorms, could be welcomed in one place and becomes overwhelmed at the other places. Whether it is perfect or not is circumstantial. The emergent digital dynamic is about hyper-connectivity, hyper-diversity, and hyper-dynamism. The exponential growth of data causes information storms; the increasing speed of changes leads to “business transformation storm”; the fierce competitions and people-centricity drive innovation storms. Moreover, these “digital storms” do not happen in isolation from each other in predictable ways. They act as a complex and unpredictable way. So, how to well prepare for them and reap significant business benefits through them?
- The Book "Digitizing Board Room" Monthly Tuning: An Insightful Boardroom Jan. 2017: Modern corporate boards play significant roles in guiding businesses toward the right direction and achieve expected business results. Due to the “VUCA” characteristics -Complexity, Uncertainty, Ambiguity and Velocity of the Digital Era, the directorship in any organization must have the insight to set leadership tones, agility to adapt to changes and build abilities to advise, inspire and motivate a group of people toward accomplishing shared visions and goals.
- Crafting a Digital IT Roadmap in the New Year: Organizations large or small are on the journey of going digital. Building a digital-ready IT roadmap is a proactive approach to well prepare for the digital transformation. And the history reveals that IT needs to be understood and harnessed by all stakeholders, to fulfill its potential and highlight the strategic importance as a differentiator of companies. After the new year resolution, how to craft a high achievable and comprehensive IT roadmap to fulfill the digital vision.
- Three Aspects to Achieve Decision-Making Premium Decision making is a daily challenge for most business leaders and professionals because organizations become over-complex, hyper-connected, uncertain and ambiguous. What is more important to effecting good decisions within your organization? A sound process? The relevant information? Or a High-intelligent decision-maker? And how to achieve decision-making premium?
- CIOs as “Chief Inquisitive Officer: A set of Q&As (V) Dealing with IT Innovation Dilemma: Modern CIOs face many challenges, it is not sufficient to only keep the lights on. Regardless of which industry or the nature of organization you are in, being a digital leader will need to master the art of creating unique, differentiating value from piles of commoditized technologies and take advantage of the emergent digital trend as well; digital CIOs also have multiple personas, “Chief Innovation Officer,” “Chief Insight Officer,” “Chief Improvement Officer,” “Chief Information Officer,” and here, we discuss CIOs as “Chief Inquisitive Officer,” with a set of Q&As to lead digital transformation.
Blogging is not about writing, but about thinking and innovating the new ideas; it’s not just about WHAT to say, but about WHY to say, and HOW to say it. It reflects the color and shade of your thought patterns, and it indicates the peaks and curves of your thinking waves. Unlike pure entertainment, quality and professional content takes time for digesting, contemplation and engaging, and therefore, it takes the time to attract the "hungry minds" and the "deep souls." It’s the journey to amplify diverse voices and deepen digital footprints, and it's the way to harness your innovative spirit.