Blogging is not about writing, but about thinking, brainstorming, and innovating.
The “Future of CIO” Blog has reached 1.7 million page views with 3300+ blog posting in 59+ different categories of leadership, management, strategy, digitalization, change/talent, etc. The content richness is not for its own sake, but to convey the vision and share the wisdom. Here is the weekly insight about digital leadership, IT Management, and Talent Management.
The Weekly Insight of the “Future of CIO” 1/28/2017
- Three “Don’t” in IT Digital Transformation: With the increasing pace of change and overwhelming growth of information, the IT role is becoming far more than simply keeping the lights on, but is transforming to significant business enablement and catalyzer. As the CIO continues to become a more critical and integral member of the C-suite, IT leadership holds the keys to making the company more efficient and effective, implement processes and build capabilities that drive the company to the next level; keep eyes on what happens today, pay more attention to the potential pitfalls, also be focused on what is next. Here are three “Don’ts” in IT digital transformation.
- Conformance vs. Performance: Corporate Board is one of the most important governance bodies to oversight strategy and enforce GRC disciplines. What’s Board’s Priority? Many directors think that the role of the director is conformance. The underlying question is actually fundamental: What is corporate governance, when is it necessary and how should it work? Conformance vs. Performance, which is more important for the Corporate Board? Is it possible that companies are burdening the boards with so many different tasks that the main task and focus of the board, which is to create long-term profitable companies, will be inundated by all other types of issues?
- Digital CIO’s Mindset, Skillset, and Toolset: The CIO role is perhaps one of the most sophisticated executive positions in modern businesses because they have to wear multiple personas and adapt to changes all the time, due to the exponential growth of information and change nature of technologies. They need to be both business strategists and hands-on managers; advocate innovation and set policies; drive changes and manage risks, etc. Overall speaking, CIOs are the leadership role, not only do they need qualities and skills to transform their IT organization, more importantly, they should have altitude, aptitude, and attitude to be the influencers, change agents, and talent masters in the enterprise and its expanding business ecosystem; so they should get mindset, skillset and toolset ready for driving changes and leading digital transformation effortlessly.
- The New Book “Decision Master-The Art and Science of Decision Making” Introduction Both businesses and the world become over-complex, hyper-connected, extremely uncertain and ambiguous than ever, making effective decisions is both art and science. There are blind spots block the vision and there are pitfalls on the way. Decision Masters refer to the digital leaders or professionals who can leverage multidimensional thought processes, information and intuition, take a step-wise scenario for making effective decisions consistently. Decision Masters also refer to the businesses or organizations that follow a set of well-defined principles, leverage fine-tuned decision processes, efficient information management system, decision frameworks, tools, and metrics to enable people across the organization making effective decisions collaboratively. Decision-making is both art and science. More specifically, what are the digital philosophy, principles, and practices to improve decision-making effectiveness and increase the overall business responsiveness and maturity?
- Making IT Assessment for Leading Digital Transformation Due to increasing speed of changes and exponential growth of information, more often than not, technology is the driver of business changes or the accelerator of the digital transformation. How can IT shift from a back office support function to the digital brain yard and forerunner? How should IT leaders and managers make an objective and comprehensive IT management assessment in order to lead changes and digital transformation effortlessly?
Blogging is not about writing, but about thinking and innovating the new ideas; it’s not just about WHAT to say, but about WHY to say, and HOW to say it. It reflects the color and shade of your thought patterns, and it indicates the peaks and curves of your thinking waves. Unlike pure entertainment, quality and professional content takes time for digesting, contemplation and engaging, and therefore, it takes the time to attract the "hungry minds" and the "deep souls." It’s the journey to amplify diverse voices and deepen digital footprints, and it's the way to harness your innovative spirit.