Talent Management is throwing fresh challenges and calls for radical change to be embraced in the digital age.
IT Talent Management Innovation (V)
- CIOs as Talent Masters People are always the most invaluable asset in any organization, and having the right person in the right position at the right time is always one of the biggest challenges facing any business anywhere. This is particularly true for IT, due to the changing nature & complexity of technology and the abundance of information. Is IT skills gap fact or fiction? What differentiates high performance or high potential talented IT professionals from others? And how to manage IT talent, culture, and performance in a more cohesive way?
- Three Characteristics of Digital Workforce Digital organizations are always on, interdependent and hyperconnected, people are always the most important asset in any organization before, today, and future. However, compared to a traditional industrial workforce, the digital workforce is a new breed -it's the super Connected generation with a multitude of varieties - multi-generations, multi-cultures, and multi-devices. More specifically, what are the new characteristics of the digital workforce??
- CIOs as Talent Master: Three Aspects of Retooling Talent Management People are always the most important asset of the organization.The digital dynamic continues to evolve with increasing speed of change and rapid integration of the business across the globe. Talent Management is throwing fresh challenges and calls for radical change to be embraced. Talent Management has adapted to the changing workforce in the changing workplace and added additional best of breed talent and engagement systems to their existing core. Talent Management is positioned to make a true impact on the bottom line with the shifts from managing the human resource to investing human capital.
- Boomers, X, Y, and Z Generations Many company workforces spans three or even four generations—Baby Boomers, Generation X, and Y (Millennials) and Z: each with different leadership, communication, working, and learning styles, and their mindsets are shaped by the environment in which they grew up, the historical events they experienced, the technologies they played with at the certain era, the media they followed, or the particular challenges they overcome. Hence, each generation is defined by a set of stereotypes, and in fact, that different ages and worldviews learn differently and through different media and methods. So how can digital professionals belonging to different generations learn from each other to advocate the most advanced thinking, ideas, and viewpoint from a different perspective in order to lead their organizations, and fundamentally our society to the next level? How can they work together harmoniously by respecting what each brings, ideally, works for the overall goals of the company as well as fulfill their own career goal and purpose?
- The Two Important Components of People Management People are always the most invaluable asset in businesses. People Management is both science and art; hard and soft. Talent Management and Performance Management are two important components in it: Talent Management (TM) focuses more on the people element of the organization; where Performance Management (PM) is more about the overall alignment of various organizational functions towards shared vision, mission, and objectives.
The “Future of CIO” Blog has reached 1.3 million page views with 2600+ blog posting in 59+ different categories of leadership, management, strategy, digitalization, change/talent, etc. The content richness is not for its own sake, but to convey the vision and share the wisdom. Blogging is not about writing, but about thinking; it’s not just about WHAT to say, but about WHY to say, and HOW to say it. It reflects the color and shade of your thought patterns, and it indicates the peaks and curves of your thinking waves. Unlike pure entertainment, quality and professional content takes time for digesting, contemplation and engaging, and therefore, it takes the time to attract the "hungry minds" and the "deep souls." It’s the journey to amplify your voice, deepen your digital footprints, and match your way for human progression.