The content richness is not for its own sake, but to convey the vision and share the wisdom.
The “Future of CIO” Blog has reached 1.3 million page views with 2600+ blog posting in 59+ different categories of leadership, management, strategy, digitalization, change/talent, etc. The content richness is not for its own sake, but to convey the vision and share the wisdom. Here is the weekly insight about digital leadership, IT Management, and Talent Management.
The Weekly Insight of the “Future of CIO” 3/18/2016
- Five Traits of Innovators: Creativity is #1 wanted quality for digital leaders and professionals nowadays, but where can you discover innovators? Do innovators belong to rare breed or they are among us and within us? Why can innovators find more view spots than others? Why can innovators think differently via connecting unusual dots? What are important traits of innovators?
- Three IT Movements to Improve Organizational Maturity: Due to the “VUCA” characteristics of digitalization, organizations today need to build a unique set of business capabilities and enforce organizational democracy to adapt to changes, accelerate business growth, catalyze innovation and achieve operational excellence. Information and Technology play a pivotal role in such a transformation, here are three digital IT movement to harness business competency and improve organizational maturity.
- Three Questions to Assess a Person’s Empathy: Many say digital is the age of EMPATHY, to simply put, empathy is the ability to understand others from their perspectives. Humans aren't as good as we should be in our capacity to empathize with feelings and thoughts of others. Now the physical barriers such as oceans or mountains can not stop people from communicating with each other, there still are walls built in people’s minds and there are knots tiered in their hearts. Empathy is an important leadership trait and a crucial quality for today’s multigenerational and multicultural digital professionals as well. So which questions shall you ask to assess a person’s empathy?
- Running IT as an Innovative Outlier: Many traditional IT organizations are still perceived as an invisible back office maintenance function, without enough knowledge about the business model of the organization; though technology is often the disruptive force for changes, IT function is often slow to adapt to changes. How can modern IT organization shift from a cost center to value creator, from an order taker to strategy cocreator, from an “isolated” support function to an “innovative outlier”?
- The Two Important Components of People Management: People are always the most invaluable asset in businesses. People Management is both science and art; hard and soft. Talent Management and Performance Management are two important components in it: Talent Management (TM) focuses more on the people element of the organization; where Performance Management (PM) is more about the overall alignment of various organizational functions towards shared vision, mission, and objectives. Both PM and TM are important in any organization if functions and objects are aligned properly. PM is about building sustainability into the organization; and TM is about building talent competency of the business -finding, renewing and protecting the right of talent. Unless the right talent is there, Performance Management cannot salvage sustainability. What are the emergent trends in TM/ PM to manage today’s digital workforce more effectively?
Blogging is not about writing, but about thinking and innovating the new ideas; it’s not just about WHAT to say, but about WHY to say, and HOW to say it. It reflects the color and shade of your thought patterns, and it indicates the peaks and curves of your thinking waves. Unlike pure entertainment, quality and professional content takes time for digesting, contemplation and engaging, and therefore, it takes the time to attract the "hungry minds" and the "deep souls." It’s the journey to amplify diverse voices and deepen digital footprints, and it's the way to harness your innovative spirit.