The “Future of CIO” Blog has reached 1.3 million page views with 2900+ blog posting in 59+ different categories of leadership, management, strategy, digitalization, change/talent, etc. The content richness is not for its own sake, but to convey the vision and share the wisdom. Here is the weekly insight about digital leadership, IT Management, and Talent Management.
"Digital Ready" Blog Summary 7/15/2016
- "Digital Master" Book Series Summary: “Digital Master” is the series of guidebooks (5+ books) to perceive the multi-faceted impact digital is making to the business and our society, help forward-thinking organizations navigate through the digital journey in a systematic way, and avoid “rogue digital.” It perceives the emergent trends of digital leadership, advises on how to run a digital IT to unleash its full potential and improve agility. It explores the breadth and depth of digital wisdom, also instructs digital workforce on how to shape game-changing digital mindset and build the right set of digital capabilities to compete for the future. The purpose of "Digital Master" Book series intends to help forward-looking digital professionals and organizations navigate the digital journey via planning, innovating, taking structured approaches and leveraging the right technologies.
- The Monthly Insight of Digitizing the Board Room: Running a Digital Ready Corporate Board July 2016 At today’s “VUCA” digital dynamic, organizations face both unprecedented opportunities to grow and great risks & hyper-competition to survive. Therefore, corporate board plays a more significant role in overseeing business strategy, setting principles and policies, and making the judgment on and assurance of corporate action within a framework of practical knowledge. So how to run a digital savvy board and improve digital organization maturity.
- The Monthly “CIO Master” Book Tuning: How to Run a Digital IT (II) July 2016 Modern CIOs have many personas and face great challenges. It is not sufficient to only keep the light on. Regardless of which industry or the nature of organization you are in, being a digital leader will need to master the art of creating unique, differentiating value from piles of commoditized technologies, but more specifically, what are the digital-savvy CIOs doing to run IT as a value creator and innovation engine? And how can CIOs master at digitizing IT to accelerate its speed, agility, and maturity?
- "Leadership Master" Book Tuning VI: Three Identities to Harness Leadership Maturity”: Digitalization implies the full-scale changes in the way businesses are conducted and the society is running. Digital is a disruption with rapidly increasing speed to break down silos and rigid hierarchy. It starts with leadership innovation. Because leadership is about CHANGE. It is a basic human ability to inspire self and others to look beyond limitations and set the right direction for advancement. Digital also raises the bar for leadership effectiveness. Here are three “leadership identities” to verify leadership authenticity and harness leadership maturity.
- Strategy Management vs. Operational Management: Strategic management as long-term planning requires a vision. In other words, a company needs to define where it wants to be in a decade or two (what's the vision) and how they want to get there (Strategy) and then Operational Management will translate the long-term plans into smaller scale plans to operationalize the move toward the vision.
Blogging is not about writing, but about thinking and innovating the new ideas; it’s not just about WHAT to say, but about WHY to say, and HOW to say it. It reflects the color and shade of your thought patterns, and it indicates the peaks and curves of your thinking waves. Unlike pure entertainment, quality and professional content takes time for digesting, contemplation and engaging, and therefore, it takes the time to attract the "hungry minds" and the "deep souls." It’s the journey to amplify diverse voices and deepen digital footprints, and it's the way to harness your innovative spirit.