Monday, April 8, 2024

Nostalgic Breakfast

Eastern flavor, Western taste, the nostalgic breakfast not only recharges us physically but also nourishes our creative spirit.

I had a lovely complimentary breakfast in a small hotel in Kaohsiung recently. That was a nice mix of Eastern and Western styles of food. I lived in both the Eastern and Western worlds for decades. I thought such a meal was nostalgic for global citizens with multicultural backgrounds like myself. It evoked my memories of childhood and also made me ponder cultural differences. I tasted and enjoyed such meals in both Taiwan and Hong Kong this year, with complementary nutritional values to nourish my spirit.

At this continental breakfast, I had three small bowls of white rice porridge with a couple of delicate Eastern-style appetizers, such as spicy pickles, juicy tofu, and crispy fish floss. They tasted delicious to me, but it doesn’t mean all people would enjoy such sweet Jiangnan-flavored dishes. There were also Western-style bread and vegetable slices. sausage pieces and coffee milk teas.

When I enjoyed the breakfast, I also compared the nutritional value and cultural ingredients. The Eastern-flavored breakfast is more fluid and flavored; I absorbed enough water and plant-made protein, making this breakfast a bit luxurious. The Western style of bread was more solid, bringing me the supplemental nutrition to make me truly “feel full” inside. Otherwise, I might need a lot of small bowls of porridge to recharge my energy. If making this breast truly a feast, perhaps I expect all sorts of steam buns, dim sum with the Eastern flavor,; or different sorts of jams, fresh juices, fruit combination plates, and sweet desserts with a Western taste.

In Hong Kong, a while ago, I had another good breakfast with a good combination of Eastern and Western food flavors. I had the Eastern-style flavored skinny rice noodle soup with veggies and meat sauce. I also had two pieces of toast with scrambled eggs and a cup of hot chocolate. The price was very reasonable and such a combination provided enough nutrients for my travel with lots of exercise. Eastern flavor, Western taste, the nostalgic breakfast not only recharges us physically but also nourishes our creative spirit.

5 comments:

Wonderful website. Plenty of useful information here. And certainly, thank you

Wonderful, what a webpage it is! This weblog presents valuable information to us

Thanks for your marvelous posting! I truly enjoyed reading it

I want to encourage you to definitely continue your great writing, have a nice day!

I’m not that much of a online reader to be honest but your sites really nice, keep it up!

Post a Comment