The “Future of CIO” Blog has reached 1.5 million page views with 3100+ blog posting in 59+ different categories of leadership, management, strategy, digitalization, change/talent, etc. The content richness is not for its own sake, but to convey the vision and share the wisdom. Here is the weekly insight about digital leadership, IT Management, and Talent Management.
The Weekly Insight of the “Future of CIO” 9/15/2016
- Raising the Profile of Digital CIOs: Contemporary digital CIOs wear multiple hats, play different roles with multiple personas. There is a distinct difference between a great CIO and an average CIO in terms of identifying and implementing competitive advantages and being a great leader. What are modern CIOs’ digital profile, and how can they improve leadership effectiveness and shift their role from transactional managers to transformational leaders?
- Three Digital Tilts for Talent Management Innovation: People are always the most valuable asset in any business in the past, today, and future. The focal point for talent management does shift from managing people as cost & resource to asset and human capital. In essence, the business is running by people (employees) for the people (customers), and digital is the age of people. The question is how to develop, assess and motivate your people, and put the right people in the right position with the right capability to solve the right problems? There are three modern tilts for talent management and performance management innovation.
- The New Book “Digitizing Boardroom” Monthly Tuning Slideshare Presentation: Modern corporate boards play significant roles in guiding businesses toward the right direction and achieve expected business results. Due to the “VUCA” characteristics -Complexity, Uncertainty, Ambiguity and Velocity of the Digital Era, the directorship in any organization must have the agility to adapt to changes, and build abilities to advise, inspire and motivate a group of people toward accomplishing shared visions and goals.
- Running Digital IT with Highly Cognitive Connectivity? Digital is about flow, data flow, information flow, idea flow, and mind flow. IT organization today is like the digital brain of the organization, because information is used to educate, inform and provide decision making for people who use it; the business insight abstracted from information can help the business develop the next products or services to delight customers, predict future trends for exploring market share; as well as make data-based talent analysis to ensure the right people are in the right position with the right capabilities to solve the right business problems. To put briefly, running digital IT with highly cognitive connectivity will become a competitive advantage for building a high-intelligent and highly effective digital business?
- The Monthly Foresight: The Future of Organizations Sep. 2016: The new paradigm that is emerging is one as a Living Organization or Digital Workplace, which is organic, alive, holistic, vibrant, energetic, responsive, fluid, creative and innovative, in a relationship with its environment/customers/ suppliers, and above all enhances and supports the dignity of the creative human spirit. One of the major themes of the "Future of CIO" blog is to envision and brainstorming the FUTURE, to bridge the siloed industrial age with the hyperconnected Digital Era, and to share the world-class leadership and management insight. Here comes the monthly foresight of "All about Future": What will be the Future of Organizations? What's your ideal digital workforce and workplace? Is future already here or still far away??