Blogging is not about writing, but about thinking and innovating the new ideas.
The Weekly Insight of the “Future of CIO” 9/1/2016
- The CIO’s Digital Agenda: Running a High-Mature IT Aug. 2016: IT is the foundation of data, information, and modern knowledge. The biggest misnomer regarding IT is that it is "just technology." Digital is about the rapidly change and continuous business flow, and IT becomes a changing organization for driving business transformation. How to fine tune a high mature IT and get the business digital ready?
- “Digitizing Boardroom” Book Chapter 5: An IT Friendly Board Slideshare Presentation, Book Oversight: According to the variety of corporate board surveys, directors reported gaps in critical areas of board expertise: There were skill sets or areas of expertise missing or talent with cognitive difference insufficiently represented on their boards. Technology expertise was the most common missing or underrepresented ingredient on boards. Nowadays information is the lifeblood of the business, and technology is the disruptive force behind changes. Hence, it is strategic imperative to build an IT friendly and technology-savvy Board for understanding the power of information and the potential of technology. CIOs as BoDs should play a crucial role in envisioning, advocating, and communicating IT effectively in the Boardroom.
- Three Tipping Points of Change Management: Change is inevitable, and the speed of change is increasing. However, change is difficult, more than two-thirds of change efforts fail to achieve the expected results. What’s the tipping point of Change Management in your organizations? How to ride above the learning curve and manage changes effectively?
- The CIO’s Digital Agenda: Running a Balanced Digital IT? IT is the foundation of data, information, and modern knowledge. The biggest misnomer regarding IT is that it is "just technology." IT leaders need to bridge the chasm between “the old’ way to do things and the new way to manage and strike the right balance to achieve business efficiency, effectiveness, and agility. How to fine tune IT in running a balanced digital IT?
- Five Digital Capabilities to Improve IT Performance: IT plays a significant role in building business competency and driving digital transformation. IT needs to continually assess its own capabilities and evaluate overall performance via multidimensional lenses and via a set of questions, such as: How to map IT strategy to business strategy? What things are in place that will enable the business strategy? What can be done to strengthen them? What things are in place that will inhibit or endanger the business strategy? What can be done to minimize them? Are the right skills in place? Are projects delivered not just on time, on budget, but more importantly on VALUE? Are costs in line with the long-term plan and short-term goals? How can IT make a continuous delivery of improving its own performance and overall business results?
Blogging is not about writing, but about thinking and innovating the new ideas; it’s not just about WHAT to say, but about WHY to say, and HOW to say it. It reflects the color and shade of your thought patterns, and it indicates the peaks and curves of your thinking waves. Unlike pure entertainment, quality and professional content takes time for digesting, contemplation and engaging, and therefore, it takes the time to attract the "hungry minds" and the "deep souls." It’s the journey to amplify diverse voices and deepen digital footprints, and it's the way to harness your innovative spirit.