Thursday, March 21, 2024

A trip to Hualian Ocean Coast and Liyu Lake

 Liyu Lake was a beautiful lake and a preserved wetland park. You could climb the mountain if you like hiking; you can go boating if you like the lake. You can jog around across the park. But I still feel not open enough perhaps I didn’t go further enough.

It was raining on the third day of my trip to Hualianm I decided to take the long-distance bus touring the East Ocean coast, which was one of the best sightseeing routes in Hualian and Taiwan.

The bus exited the city area and ran towards the East coast, I looked out of the window, the blue ocean looked light dawn blue, quiet and calm, embracing the green mountains layers by layers shaping the beautiful landscape with a fresh look, just creating a natural water ink painting. 


The drizzling rain and light fog flew up and down across the mountains and ocean. The bus passed dozens of bridges that connected steep gorges and deep valleys; passing through mountains and lakes. There were a couple of bus stops leading towards a few hiking routes. Due to the weather conditions, I continued my bus tours to reach the final destination Jingpu which means quiet bay.


Jingpu was a very small town near the Pacific coast. Residents were friendly and told me the Tropic line was just hundreds of feet away and here is the Taiwanese minority village.  There was also a joint point of highway or freeway.


On the one side of the narrow street in Jingpu, there were green mountains, not very intimidating; it meant for most people they were reachable. On the other side, there was the sea, I guess the water was very peaceful the most of time.  It was not a hot tourist spot as I was the only tourist visiting here at the moment lacking fun activities. I bought snacks and a drink from the local shop and sat down to wait for the next bus to head back 


I enjoyed the nature mountains meeting with sea scenery on the round trip bus tour. Some mountain roads were dangerous, but drivers were very experienced in transporting passengers back and forth safely.


On the next day morning, I took another bus route Zonggu- Vertical Vally to visit Liyu Lake. Liyu Lake is said to be inhabited by a benevolent spirit named "Aleku." According to the legend, Aleku protects the lake and its inhabitants, ensuring bountiful harvests and calm waters. Some believe sightings of rainbows or unusual lights over the lake are manifestations of Aleku's presence


This tour passes the mountains or valleys with lots of tropical plants. If I felt a bit dizzy when watching the waves popping up and down in the sea, passing steep Georges on the way; then this morning I was dazzled as if the bus passed through the tropical forest full of mysteries. Well, no wild animals such as deers or rabbits came out of the road. But I saw different rocks on the roadside. It seems that Hualian has many more stones than Stonehenge in England which I visited last Dec.


Liyu Lake was a beautiful lake and a preserved wetland park. You could climb the mountain if you like hiking; you can go boating if you like the lake. You can jog around across the park. But I still feel not open enough perhaps I didn’t go further enough.


0 comments:

Post a Comment