The “Future of CIO” Blog has reached 1.5 million page views with 3300+ blog posting in 59+ different categories of leadership, management, strategy, digitalization, change/talent, etc. The content richness is not for its own sake, but to convey the vision and share the wisdom. Here is the weekly insight about digital leadership, IT Management, and Talent Management.
The Weekly Insight of the “Future of CIO” 11/18/2016
- TO Celebrate 3300th Blog Posting: Flipping Innovation Storybook to the Next Level with Digital Imperative. Slideshare Innovation is a dynamic storybook that has intricate chapter, with serendipitous cover. It is the time to celebrate the #3300 blog posting of the “Future of CIO” blog, to envision, imagine, inspire, brainstorm, co-write the dynamic digital innovation storybook that never ends. It is the time to flip it over to the new page - expanding digital innovation ecosystem with an imperative.
- The New Book “IT Innovation - Reinvent IT for the Digital Age” Chapter 8 Run a Highly Innovative Digital Ready IT Organization, Slideshare: In today’s digital dynamic and technical environment where IT is being used more and more around the globe for revenue generating initiatives and the business is becoming IT. IT is moving up its maturity from functioning, to firm to delight, running full speed with less friction, unleash its full potential via optimization, and improve its maturity via intelligence and innovation. IT can weave all necessary business elements, either hard or soft, to orchestrate a digital symphony.
- How to Overcome Decision Fatigues: One significant effect of digitization is increased velocity, complexity, unpredictability, and ambiguity. Therefore, there is a need for a faster response to changes in business and industry based on effective and efficient decision making. In fact, decision-making is one of the most important activities for today’s digital leaders and professionals. Often people rush up to make so-so decisions or are too procrastinated to make timely decisions. Statistically, the high ratio of strategic decisions has been made poorly and cause the catastrophic effect. What are the root causes of those decision failures, and how to survive from decision fatigue and improve overall business decision effectiveness?
- The CIO's Digital Agenda: Five Big “Why”s in IT Digital Transformation Nov. 2016 Due to the changing nature of technology, IT leadership role also continues to evolve and shift the focus, to move up the maturity level. More and more CIOs are requested to take more responsibility and many CIOs present the breadth of leadership competency. The prioritized digital agenda helps IT leaders to brainstorm innovative and better ways to do things, and improve management capabilities. Here are five WHYs in IT digital transformation.
- A Paradoxical Board: Corporate Boards are there to oversee business strategy and hold the senior executive team accountable for execution, to ensure reasonable governance. The board also sets leadership tone for advocating innovation and driving changes. The businesses environment today is full of uncertainty and ambiguity, a paradoxical board is leveraging BALANCE as a management philosophy in leading digital transformation seamlessly?
- How to Deal With Change Management Conundrum Change is inevitable, and the speed of changes is increasing. Forward-looking organizations are also on the journey of digital transformation. Change can be a somewhat mechanical implementation of new or different ways to doing something while the transformation is more likely to be a sweeping approach to altering a culture, or parts of it, possibly even to parts of its ecosystem, to embrace such as change and help it become self-perpetuating.
Blogging is not about writing, but about thinking and innovating the new ideas; it’s not just about WHAT to say, but about WHY to say, and HOW to say it. It reflects the color and shade of your thought patterns, and it indicates the peaks and curves of your thinking waves. Unlike pure entertainment, quality and professional content takes time for digesting, contemplation and engaging, and therefore, it takes the time to attract the "hungry minds" and the "deep souls." It’s the journey to amplify diverse voices and deepen digital footprints, and it's the way to harness your innovative spirit.