Sharing food is sympathy; sharing thoughts is empathy, the world needs both to move forward and accelerate digital transformation.
The “Future of CIO” Blog has reached 1.5 million page views with 3300+ blog posting in 59+ different categories of leadership, management, strategy, digitalization, change/talent, etc. The content richness is not for its own sake, but to convey the vision and share the wisdom. Here is the weekly insight about digital leadership, IT Management, and Talent Management.
The Weekly Insight of the “Future of CIO” 11/25/2016
The New Book "Unpuzzling Innovation" Introduction: Mastering Innovation Management in a Structural Way, Slideshare: Digital is the age of innovation. And innovation is what leads to differentiation. There are many ways to differentiate and, therefore, there are many ways to pursue innovation. Talking of innovation is not new nowadays, everybody, every organization now is talking about innovation. It's been at or near the top of the business or economics agenda for a long time. However, there’re a lot of confusions about innovation and there is no magic sauce to guarantee its success. One of the good definitions of innovation is: "to transform the novel ideas into commercial success.” In essence, innovation is, "intentional novelty bringing sustainable benefit."
- CIOs’ Digital Agenda: Five Big “Which”s in IT Digital Transformation Nov. 2016, Slideshare Presentation: Due to the changing nature of technology, IT leadership role also continues to involve & shift the focus, to move up the maturity level. More and more CIOs are requested to take more responsibility and many CIOs present the breadth and depth of leadership competency to have in-depth understanding the "5W+1H" digital navigation. Here are Five big “Which” in IT digital transformation.
- IT Fitness: Manage Right to Amplify Digital Effect: IT is an enabler of current and future capability for both the organization and its ecosystem. Much of top management conversation about IT should be to framed in respect of the business activities, keep digital fit and improve overall organizational effectiveness, agility, and maturity. The digital CIOs have to pursue strategic alignment, operational integration, and innovative brainstorming with the business. Because the long-term organizational growth is usually based on IT enable business competency, maximizing collective human capacities such as productivity improvement and collective creativity, improving operational efficiency, and managing cost optimization. A digital fit IT can become an innovation engine and growth multiplier of the organization for the journey of digital transformation.
- Proactive Decision-Making Digital leaders and professionals spend a significant amount of time on all levels of decision-making -strategic decisions, operational decisions or tactical decisions on the daily basis. Statistically, business decision effectiveness (especially large strategic decisions) is low, poor decision making is often caused by ineffective processes, lack of knowledge or resources, cognitive gaps, unconscious bias, or procrastination, etc. We live in the digital era with "VUCA" characteristics, decision-making is more science than art. So how to take a proactive and step-wise approach for decision-making, in order improving decision effectiveness and maturity?.
- The Monthly Gap Minding: Close the Innovation Gaps to Accelerate Digital Transformation 2016: With the increasing speed of changes, many organizations are inundated with tactical tasks and daily operational duties, they don’t spend enough time on scrutinizing the long term strategy and identify disastrous blind spots in order to make a smooth business transformation. Innovation is an important component of the business strategy, and there is a very low success rate for innovation management. So how to identify and close those gaps in order to accelerate digital transformation?
- The Monthly “Thinkingaire” Book Tuning “Out-of-the-Box” Thinking and Thinkers Nov. 2016 We have moved into the new digital age when information is abundant and where creativity becomes a baseline competence. The race of human against the machine is ongoing. The knowledge life cycle is significantly shortened, and the pace of information technology is so rapid that no one can rest on a static mindset, past accomplishments, or the wishful thought that everything is perfect the way it is. Indeed, the mindset is far more important than talent. Out-of-the-Box thinking is the metaphor of thinking creatively. Here are a set of blogs to brainstorm out-of-the-box thinking and thinkers.
Blogging is not about writing, but about thinking and innovating the new ideas; it’s not just about WHAT to say, but about WHY to say, and HOW to say it. It reflects the color and shade of your thought patterns, and it indicates the peaks and curves of your thinking waves. Unlike pure entertainment, quality and professional content takes time for digesting, contemplation and engaging, and therefore, it takes the time to attract the "hungry minds" and the "deep souls." It’s the journey to amplify diverse voices and deepen digital footprints, and it's the way to harness your innovative spirit.