Saturday, December 30, 2023

A Day Trip to Windsor

My three hour walking tour in Windsor was cheerful with holiday charm and swan lake delight.

In the early morning about 7 am I woke up and headed to the bus station in the city center of London, planning to visit Windsor - the town located in the south bank of London. London is still half awake and half sleepy in the early morning; many shops and restaurants are not  open yet, but the public transportation is already functioning smoothly. So I could take the subway or bus to the coach station and from there, there is a long distance bus to go to Windsor.

Everything was going smoothly as planned, but there was about a 15 minute delay for the bus departing. Windsor is located west of London, about twenty five miles away. Around ten am, we arrive in the Windsor town center. It’s a lovely town still full of Christmas themes, with lighting and holiday ornaments.

Christmas market: I walked through the market streets, there were many shops, cafes and restaurants around. Quite many are the chain stores brand name which you can find in London and many European cities. They offer holiday discounts and those shopping streets are popular to the tourists. I had my brunch in a lovely restaurant. The breads with egg, mushrooms plus flavored sources provided the nutrition I need and recharge my energy to continue my walking tour in Windsor.

Great Park:
Going deeper and deeper and walking back to the streets passing through the residential areas with a few clock towers. Surprisingly, after I passed through the small street called brook, I entered the great park - it is spacious, greenery, elegant, with beautiful landscape design and architectural taste. Although it started raining, many people hang around in the park, enjoying the nature scenes.

An amazing swan lake in Windsor: I walked across the castles and fountains, made the left turns, and walked through the river bank of Thames. What a delightful surprise- hundreds of swans geese and birds swam in the river, cheering up the tourists and creating a unique scene. An amazing swan lake in Windsor. Across the river bank, there is a winter amusement park with games, ice skating, and other holiday activities. I also walked through the local Windsor college, libraries, churches, supermarkets. It is an advanced England town with a fully-functioning social ecosystem.

I walked across the author street and planned to visit some museums, but they are not open. I passed through a few residential areas. The deeper I went , the fewer people I saw, the quieter the surroundings were. Most tourists hang around in the town center. But I went a bit further and explored the unknown. My three hour walking tour in Windsor was cheerful with holiday garden charm and swan lake delight.

1 comments:

Windsor Castle is a remarkable place, It is beautiful and there is so much history highlights include visiting the State Apartments and St George's Chapel where so many recent monarchs are entombed but there are better annual fireworks display, Bluesfest Windsor, and various Christmas events including a market and Santa Claus parade you well be amazed whatever you can see and I think you will forget everything your problem of.
Local Citations

Post a Comment