Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Geneva - The Culture enriched City, with the Swan lake of Geneva

Either walking across the road or stepping into the deep street, the city of Geneva is safe, peaceful with a winter holiday theme.

Geneva is surrounded by the beautiful lake of Geneva which recharges the city with fresh energy; day by day, month by month, year by year, flowing forward indefatigably. 

Hundreds of white swans swim in the lake elegantly. They are not shy away from people but smile back at me charismatically. I share the pieces of the meal with them; they stretch up the long neck and taste lovely. It seems they have their own rules and languages based on my observation. Each time, when I feed them, only one swan tastes it. Others stay away. And the group of swans communicate with each other in their own dialects and have their own sets of laws. They truly add a unique theme to the mother river of Geneva. Global strangers in Geneva help me navigate the direction and welcome me to visit this culturally enriched city. Unbelievably, I stayed in Geneva for this Thanksgiving, with swans as my companions. 

The museums I visited in Geneva: The first museum I visit is Museum of Natural History, in which there are different samples of creatures in the sky, seas and forests. The giant fishes, beautiful birds, tropical animals, etc all of them are vividly displayed to shape the ecosystems of the natural world. I also went to the Reformation Wall and visited the garden of the University of Geneva.

The second museum I visited was a science museum in which exhibitions help us discover the science behind natural phenomena or industry equipment, and enhance learning experiences about space, physics and chemistry. For example, there is display about how cooling systems work, how electrons move create different patterns of waves in the universe, how you blend different liquids together to generate something amazing, People are encouraged to do experiments, listen to the audios, figure out patterns, gain the facts and information about diversity of scientific topics interest them. Students come here for their science experiments. Overall speaking it’s educational and interactive.

The third museum I visited is the anthropological museum -Musée d’ethnographie de Genève,  demonstrating different human figures tools decoration. One of the most beautiful statues there is GuanYin -the lady symbol of sympathy.

Go deeper in Geneva: When I jumped off the bus downtown, I walked into the alley leading up to the hill; going deeper to explore more. There are a variety of art galleries, fashion boutiques with mixed culture tastes and business flavors. Either walking across the road or stepping into the deep street, the city of Geneva is safe, peaceful with a winter holiday theme.

I missed an innovation conference, very disappointed:
I plan to participate in the innovation and leadership conference in the United Nation of Geneva office. However, my phone was out of the network, and I didn’t pre register it; I thought I could do it on site, like quite a lot of conferences or exhibitions I participated in other nations. The lady at the front gate didn’t have authority to help me out; tried to call the meeting facilitator but didn’t catch her on the phone. So I missed the opportunities to share ideas with other global citizens. That is disappointing. They should make the process more flexible to harness innovation.

Language spoken in Geneva, Switzerland: Swiss German is the most widely used language in the workplace, followed by standard German, French, English and Italian . French is the main language spoken in Geneva, but most residents will also speak a second language, their English skill is good enough to help me about directions on the way.

Education level: Overall speaking, residents in Geneva are well educated, friendly.


0 comments:

Post a Comment