Monday, December 18, 2023

London Sightseeing & Museums

We keep learning from those condensed versions of human heritage and refined into fresh insights and keep reinventing humanity.

After walking through a few famous city parks. I decided to learn more about anthropology by visiting a few museums in London. I thought I would go to the natural history museum first, but I passed through the science museum when they just opened the door in the morning. Irresistibly, I went there again although I just visited last month.

Science Museum: The exhibition on the ground floor focuses on some industrial technologies such as engines, automobiles, and spaces. But there is not enough content for the world of patterns or the future of the world from an adult perspective. But there are quite many fun activities for children. So I decided to see a 3D movie: “ Our beautiful planet” at 11am in the morning. Before that, I still have enough time to walk through the first, second and third floor exhibition halls.

On the first floor of the museum, there are clocks or other precision instruments exhibition, with written introductions about science development history in England as science has been called nature philosophy hundreds of years ago. There is also a mathematical exhibition on the other side of the floor, demonstrating different shapes and scales of industrial designs, articulating the proportions and perspectives of mathematics concepts.

Because of my engineering background I like the “Technician” session on the third floor. It introduced quite many real world female and male science and technology professionals and what their works are. It is educational as it inspires us to reimagine the future of work and how technology impacts society development and conveys gender equality in the modern professional world. Talented people can do complex and meaningful work to create value. There are some audio introductions for the medical equipment’s exhibition bringing knowledge on how technology progresses impacts our daily life. I just walk through the light exhibition on the third floor quickly, and then went to see the movie about our beautiful planet.

Although I have watched quite a few videos about the topic before The 3D experience makes the view more vivid and impressive. The staff in the international space station had a great performance. Our planet looks truly amazing both at day and night The point is how to sustain and renew its energy. It is an educational museum. Many kids from toddlers to teenagers come here to learn and understand science. If there are more interactive experiments or immersive experiences, that would be more fun and memorable.

Nature Science Museum:
In the afternoon, I went to the Natural Science museum inside a grand architectural building nearby. Very impressive hallways with dinosaur statues and some sample creatures. I went to the coffee shop and ordered English tea, so I can take a rest there. After recharging, I visited the mineral/gemstone exhibition. Great collection there, very educational.

There are sculptures of Charles Darwin and a few other gentlemen biologists, but I didn’t find our female ancestors’ sculptures. I believe there are quite many lady naturalists and scientists behind the scenes in that eta, who were dedicated to lots of biological experiments and sampling. The buildings of natural science have high ceilings, magnificently-designed structures, strong pillars, and spacious hallways. So besides studying nature and history, we can appreciate the art of architecture as well.

Nature science, art, philosophy, culture are all interdisciplinary practices. We keep learning from those condensed versions of human heritage and refined into fresh insights and keep reinventing humanity.

10 comments:

I am amazed by the way you have explained things in this article.

I think this is one of the most important pieces of information for me

This post went ahead and made my day. i really like this

Well done article that. I'll make sure to use it wisely.

Love the London museum vibes! 🏛️ How about exploring the city through local street art next time? 🎨 #NewPerspective
For social media marketing delhi Visit:- https://www.artattackk.com

Excellent Blog! I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this post.


woooow, amazing blog to read, thanks for sharing, and move on.

Thanks for sharing this piece of information.

Fabulous! This is just amazing! Not just high quality,

I wan’t going to comment as this posts a bit old now, but just wanted to say thanks.

Post a Comment