Thursday, May 2, 2024

InsightofSuburb

Suburbs are just suburbs; are they more advanced than the metropolitan city or less? Without anthropological education and entertainment, how can we truly solve critical issues with people-centricity?

I’ve been living in suburban areas for a long time. Recently I took a global tour to visit lots of famous cities worldwide and immerse myself in many large metropolitan cities across continents; passing across the hustling and bustling streets; walking into the crowds of global strangers; exploring diverse cultures; tasting different cuisines, discovering hidden peach blossom villages and refining my global experience and influence.

After staying in San Francisco for a couple of days, I took the train to visit the suburban cities nearby. I intend to use a tourist lens to look at the Bay Area and deepen my understanding of North American culture.

The train was running smoothly across the different cities on the way. Looking out of the window, there were abundant trees, some corporate buildings, and spacious outdoor parking lots. But there were almost no people walking in the streets in a beautiful sunshine morning, only a few vehicles passing through. Overall speaking, the surroundings are quiet and environmentally friendly but lack the vibrance of human activities I saw in Asia and Europe.

I took off from the train station at the place I was familiar with, and took the city bus, touring around the suburb surroundings. I was one of the very few passengers on the bus that ran through the surrounding cities at the time. Still, I saw very few pedestrians on the streets; the weather is warm the plants were green, and the community neighborhoods were quiet and clean; I felt it was not so colorful enough to spark my passion inside and stimulate my energy. Because there were no fantastic creatures and diverse global strangers around those areas.

Suburbs have a nice environment, but are they becoming mediocre and a bit tedious as a lot of places look almost the same? I couldn’t see the beautiful ocean view in the suburbs I passed through that day; I only saw very few people on the streets. And it’s a bit too flat to go deeper to understand the surroundings and explore humanity. How can I find those wonderful things in different cities? Where are those global strangers I met worldwide? Where are those anthropological places we could explore and how could we discover the peach blossom villages and tribes? Do they exist here somewhere?

The suburb is a suburb with a greenery environment and necessary facilities. But I didn’t feel enchanted to take the serenpedious path to enjoy the scenery views. I wasn’t feeling emotional enough to spark a wild imagination. Those quiet suburbs have been around for half centuries already. They are nice neighborhoods with environmentally friendly surroundings. But do we miss something important if there are not enough tourist sceneries for discovery and a lack of anthropological hot spots for exploration?

Suburbs are just suburbs; are they more advanced than the metropolitan city or less? Without anthropological education and entertainment, how can we truly solve critical issues with people-centricity? Suburbs are the places many people call homes. But do they become more disconnected from the world of difference? Shall we keep reinventing them to make them more exciting and hybrid to enrich our lives?

Lots of people who live in suburbs have good taste; if they thought they had one of the most beautiful gardens in the world; are they generous enough to open the gate, let global strangers visit; appreciate the beautiful scenes? Or do folks who have special collections like to share, let more people see their treasures, and appreciate the value? Suburbs are suburbs; but we could make them more open-minded, educational, and entertainable, inspiring global strangers to discover their hidden charms.


0 comments:

Post a Comment