Saturday, May 11, 2024

Seattle’sCharm

Seattle is vibrant, but not sleepless, it's quiet at deep night. Seattle is a modern city with certain cultural influences.


I visited Seattle quite a while ago by taking a flight and car. This is my first time taking the overnight train from California to Seattle, Washington. The overall experience was fine the seats were comfortable and the cafe had enough food supply. Looking out of the window, there were mountains rivers, and trees with a greenery environment. After entering the border of Oregon for a while, the ocean was unfolded with mountains as the background, the scenery looked fantastic

Seattle City Center: In the early morning, Seattle was still a bit chilly, I walked across the streets hanging around in the city center areas of Pioneer Square and Chinatown, where you could find numerous shops and restaurants. Then walking across the downtown, I headed towards the oceanfront street Alaskan. That was just about ten to fifteen minutes of walking distance.

The ocean looked deep blue and a few sailboats parked near the bay. So the harbor looked very vibrant. People in Seattle were friendly they greeted the global strangers kindly; the food stalls nearby sell seafood meals or snacks, and I had the white creamy clam chowder for lunch.

Walking along the coast, you can go to the sculpture park. Different shapes and sizes of sculptures were scattered near the seashore. There was a tall human figure standing on the shore, you could imagine it was female or male eastern or western, I saw the spirit of Guanyin in it. After that, walked back to the Pike Market Center. Even though it was a rainy day, lots of people ate, drank, and shopped around, very crowded.

Island Visting: Then I took the ferry towards Bainbridge Island. That’s only about thirty minutes away. The ship was very spacious and comfortable with good facilities. It was slightly raining and windy; the sea became grey. But the water was still very calm so the ship moved forward smoothly. So we landed on the island in about half an hour. Honestly, when I took the first glimpse of the island, it was just the normal place not having peach blossoms as I had imagined

There was a parking lot near the ferry. I followed other passengers to go further and reached the city center of the island. There are souvenir shops cafes food markets and different properties. You could see some flowers scattered around but not condensed enough to create fantastic scenery. I went to the local museum with a limited collection of wood print pottery metal paper and sculpture collections in the two-floor building.

There were quite a few tourists who sipped coffee or had late lunch nearby. The atmosphere was warm but the scenery was not extremely impressive. It was still raining So I walked back towards the ferry and headed back to Seattle city center.

Seattle Arboretum: I
t was a sunshine day on the second day, I decided to visit the Seattle Arboretum which is a beautiful plantation park with peach cherry blossom, fountains and near Washington Lake. That was a colorful garden with diverse plants and flowers, purple pink red yellow white orange blue vibrant and enchanting.

I saw a few squirrels looking for seeds to eat. But I didn’t see birds and other creatures playing around. I imagine lambs strolling over the meadow peacocks dancing with their beautiful wings on the grass; little rabbits jumping around; and cute little monkeys climbing the trees. All sorts of birds bees and butterflies flying around creating the vibe of influence. So I imagined an ecological environment in which all different creatures could harmonize the beautiful scenery.

Seattle Asian Museum and Volunteer Park:
It took me about half an hour to walk around the plant-enriched neighborhood and arrive at the other local tourist spot Volunteer Park. It was a green environment with plenty of different plants and flower blooms. I visited the Seattle Asian Museum inside the park. The staff were very friendly and guided me through the hallways. The very intense colors of paintings and photographs demonstrated the Asian culture and festival themes with bright red dragons or traditional costumes. I saw Guanyin and a few other artistically crafted statues. There were also other ancient treasure pieces. However, the museum only has one floor with a limited collection.

UoW Campus with a clear river and cute duck family: After visiting the art exhibition, I was pondering about the science in the IT-enriched city of Seattle. The next morning, I went to the University of Washington campus. It was spacious and greenery I didn’t see a lot of contemporary buildings, instead I walked along the clean river I saw a family of cute ducks swimming around, Mom led ahead the baby duck followed through and then the daddy duck swam on behind, they were not afraid of me at all, passed across the pedestrian sidewalk and swam towards the other side of river bravely. It was a very original ecosystem and quiet learning environment in the state college.

Seattle Pacific Science Center: After that, I headed back to the city center and went to the Seattle Pacific Science Center, and enjoyed some scientific flavor of entertainment and education. The exhibition hall showed the planet images dinosaur animation and some experiments or craft sessions that fit for kids' science study. But it’s a bit childish for adult visitors. I was sort of disappointed.

When I went to the biology center, surprisingly I saw lots of blue black, and colorful butterflies flying around. That was truly enchanting and I took photos and videos of them. That was a small plant nursery but vibrant because of those energetic creatures and truly cheered me up.

Then I went to see the movie music laser show. Lots of local families brought their blankets and lay down to see the laser lightings spinning around on the ceiling rhyming with the pop music. The atmosphere was hot spicy and cheerful. So the butterflies' enchantment and laser show enlightenment are the two highlights of the science center. Other capacities of the museum are limited.

From the oceanfront to the botanical gardens: from art to science museum: from an island to the city center overall, Seattle is vibrant, but not sleepless, it's quiet at deep night. Seattle is a modern city with certain cultural influences. But the capacity is limited, this mid-sized city constantly reinvents itself and becomes more dynamic and diverse.





1 comments:

A DADU (Detached Accessory Dwelling Unit) builder offers the perfect solution for adding versatile, independent living spaces to your property. Whether it's for rental income, housing family members, or creating a private home office, a skilled DADU builder can design and construct a functional, stylish unit that complements your main residence while maximizing your property's potential.

Post a Comment