Thursday, March 21, 2024

Qixingresort

The ocean hugs the mountains; the mountains touch the sky.

When my bus passed through Qixing Lake we could also translate the name to Seven Star Lake narratively, I thought it was one of the most gorgeous and glorious scenic landscapes I ever saw across Asia, America, and Europe

Because the ocean, mountains, plants, stones, and sunshine were carved into a brilliant scenery with natural harmony, you would remember it forever: the water is pure with light dawn blue color; the ocean waves splash and push the sea shore back and forth persistently; the mountain peaks look vibrant; the clouds mist around and birds flew over, shaping a perfect view of our great planet. Using “beautiful” is simply not enough, let our imagination roll to transcend the reality.

Legend says that the beautiful pebbles on Qixingtan Beach were once stars scattered across the Milky Way. Seven immortal maidens, bathing in the heavenly river, accidentally knocked over a celestial basket, causing the stars to fall to earth and transform into the smooth, colorful pebbles found on the beach today.

Sitting at the seashore, there is a fun interesting activity we all would like to do: Using stones to build our ideal towers makes a wish. There were stones with all sorts of shapes sizes and colors. You could bask in the sunshine, pick your favorite limestones, and design your architecture. I made a twelve-layer tower, then used larger pieces to build another one. How solid or shaky your tower was depended on the technique of applying related physics laws such as gravity frictions etc. Our imagination and super consciousness could also go beyond science or develop new science, add a unique theme to enhance the charm of the star lake

Then I walked towards a large sculpture at the Qixing resort park. It’s the statue of Guanyin -the queen of sympathy. I saw her statues in many cities I visited recently across the continents. She looked elegant and glamorous admired by people all over the place.

Taiwan island has a good reputation as the kingdom of fruits as it’s located in the subtropical climate areas. But I didn’t see lots of fresh fruits on sale in either large cities or small towns. The only fruit being sold near Qixing Lake was coconut; I was a bit disappointed as I imagine to see dozens of fresh locally-grown fruits in tropical climates, everywhere, I could taste them all.

I did have a cup of fresh juice made of bale - a green pear-like local fruit at night when I visited the local night market in Hualien city. It tasted fine a bit sour sweet, soothing my thirst and refreshing my energy.

Tomorrow would be another day, I would explore further places with mountains and seas, discover treasures across the islands, and share my experiences and thoughts constantly.

0 comments:

Post a Comment