Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Global strangers in Tokyo gave me a hand at the first day

It was windy and also very chilly. but friendly global strangers here made me feel warm inside and had a nice first day here.

After a 16 hour flight and transfer, I arrived in Tokyo in the mid afternoon on the weekend. The information center at the international airport was very professional. When I asked them about transportation, the lady working there provided me with comprehensive notes about it. When I was at the platform to wait for the train to the city center, I confirmed with global strangers to ensure I would embark in the right direction; the lady used the app to help me confirm it, very friendly

It took about half an hour for the train to arrive at the subway station I should take off. With my two pieces of luggages, I just couldn’t find the elevator. There were steep stairs, and I asked a young man’s help to carry my luggage. He was very friendly, even wanted to carry both of them. I had him take the large one. I myself took a smaller one. It was the long steep stairs and in fact, there was no elevator in that exit. I appreciated the gentleman's help.

When I walked on the street to find the hotel, a couple of global strangers both female and male helped me navigate the direction, so I found the hotel smoothly. In the hotel you need to change your shoes to the slippers at the front desk lobby and put it into the locker That keeps the floors at the different levels clean. That is a nice tradition in Japan.

At night, I walked across the nearby trendy street with lots of eateries and shops which sell different consumer merchandise. There are some statues and tourist hot spots, and locals and tourists walk around. It's a dynamic area especially at night.

My first dinner in Tokyo was a beef rice bowl plus some snacks, which cost me about 800 yen. It was considerably thrifty there. The price of food is varying; less than 1000 yen is considered cost efficient.

So the first day of my journey here went smoothly. It was a sunny day in Japan; in the late afternoon, it was windy and also very chilly like London. but friendly global strangers here made me feel warm inside and had a nice first day here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment