Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Seafood Meals and Bus Tour in Tokyo

The journey in Tokyo was almost wrapped up, I appreciated global strangers’ help, enjoyed the fresh seafood and Eastern culture charm there.

Japan has a long ocean coast and is famous for seafood and sushi. In the early morning, I headed to the Tsukiji outer market in which restaurants and shops sell fresh seafood such as tuna salmon shrimp crab lobster, etc. Quite a few people have started tasting seafood treats already.

I picked a small restaurant and ordered steamed rice with fresh salmon pieces; there were a total of eight pieces of fish and cost about 1500 yen. It was fresh seafood and tasted fine.

After that, I took the bus to enjoy the city scenes of Tokyo and took off at the street I saw on the Japanese TV sitcom when I was in high school; I guess there are quite a lot of stories happening in big Tokyo.

Then I jumped on the bus again, headed to the middle town of Tokyo, the bus passed through many narrower streets and residential areas; there were very few people outside compared to tourists' hot spots. The bus passed through the philosophy hall and garden. When the bus almost reached its final destination, I took off and looked around, following the crowd towards the other indoor walking street called Broadway; there were all sorts of shops and restaurants with traditional cultural themes similar to the Guan Yin Tong street nearby where I lived.

Then, I went to Shinjuku, and walked around the broader streets there; it’s a modern area with cool shops and eateries; I had another seafood meal -cooked salmon plus Japanese-style appetizers and rice. In Tokyo, seafood is popular and usually expensive but you can still find some good deals to fit your taste. There are many hustling and bustling streets across the city but you can discover the quiet places as well. I also visited Tokyo University with a nice environment.

The journey in Tokyo was almost wrapped up; I appreciated global strangers' help and enjoyed the fresh seafood and Eastern culture charms there.

0 comments:

Post a Comment