Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Tokyo’s Big Sight

Regardless of industry boundaries, I advocate innovation, originality, and personalization.

In Japan, I planned to participate in an innovative education event. However, the conference was canceled without further notice. I planned to visit the Big Sight convention center located on the ocean coast in Tokyo.  

It took me about an hour to transfer subways and trains from the city center to get there. It is a spacious conference center with a nice architectural design and a quiet environment. Inside the building, there are different conference halls and restaurants. Because I couldn’t find IT or educational-related exhibitions on that day, I went to the jewelry wholesale show that afternoon. It is a popular show with hundreds of booths and thousands of visitors.

There are pieces of jewelry made of gold, pearl, jade, diamond, and different gems. The price is from hundreds of yen to millions of yen. I think most pieces are over-standardized and lack personalized design. Perhaps the price is more based on size, weight, or material rather than design and style. I guess the producers more focus on polishing the stones to make them shine and perfect in shapes rather than emphasizing originality or unique style. But in my opinion, perfection is not the purpose of making the jewelry precious, but the unique design and personalized styles bring charm to the prospective owners.

There is a promotional section selling fashionable jewelry. I selected one piece with a very reasonable price. It looks sophisticated and it’s the only version there. So when I took it off from the model, the staff put on the different design pieces of jewelry for demonstration.

Regardless of industry boundaries, I advocate innovation, originality, and personalization. The costumes, ornaments, or jewelry pieces I picked reflect our own character and personality. The more expensive piece doesn’t imply a better design. The perfection of shapes and sizes does not always mean high quality, sometimes even means a lack of originality. Nobody is perfect, we pick the design to fit our style; we select the jewelry to reflect our authentic self and personal charm even though it’s not perfect.

0 comments:

Post a Comment