Thursday, January 11, 2024

Paddington Bears

London’s fictional figures evokes our imagination; London’s dozens of train stations are important hubs connecting nation, and the European continent.

Besides Kings Cross, Paddington is the area I am sort of familiar with, passing through frequently in London.

Last month, I saw the statue of a group of fictional figures - a group of cute animals having a meal together near the Paddington station. I figured out recently that a statue crafted in bronze is called the “wild table of love” spreading messages of love, acceptance, and adventure for animals who travel around.

Yesterday, when I was in Paddington station, I discovered a few cute bears who dressed and acted differently, perhaps working in different professions, greeting tourists around. That is Paddington bear. I found one lovely Paddington bear on Platform one, who watched over the surroundings. I also found two bears in the gift shop at the station. who dressed like the staff working at the station.

I checked the website; there is the legendary story behind a little bear, Paddington. His home was destroyed in Peru in the Second World War, his aunt sent him to London, he took the adventure to explore, grow, win respect and gain popularity. I guess he became a symbol of peace and hard work.

I walked across the Paddington station and arrived in the Paddington basin, which is called little Venice. It was very windy, there was a small lake with a few modern look restaurants, cafes. Surprisingly, I found another cute Paddington near the lake, who was dressed in a blue uniform, very cute, bright, professional, greeting tourists friendly.

London’s fictional figures evokes our imagination; London’s dozens of train stations are important hubs connecting nation, and the European continent. People like little Paddington bear, work hard, travel around, explore the world and change society proactively.

0 comments:

Post a Comment